• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early Fun at the National in NYC....

11 posts in this topic

Checked out the National during my lunch break here in NYC. Was able to get in around 11:30 and made a bee line to the CGC On-Site Grading table. (Will pick up at the end of day 893crossfingers-thumb.gif)

Most of the dealers were still setting up and I scoured just about all of them at least twice (just looking for high grade Copper FF's, which wasn't easy).

What I thought was amusing and a bit sad, was looking at the "guest" tables with the actors and models. You have these "has-been's" or stereo typed people who were famous once but now the people just walk by them not caring. (At least Tanya Robert's fake boobs were a real treat! thumbsup2.gif

I'll be going back this evening to pick my stuff up, so if you want any other details, let me know.

The Convention was packed today, it's kind of funny to see the hot babes who are there to sign stuff , getting no attention. Packed house today, very busy at the CGC table, was able to get my submissions from yesterday, today. Was able to find quite a few esoteric titles, which i was pleased, thanks to CKB. Looking forward to dinner tonight, oh by the way pretty nice grades back on my books, worth the extra cash.

My Submission were :

Punisher LTD Series # 2 CGC 9.2

Punisher LTD Series # 3 CGC 9.8

Marvel Premiere # 44 CGC 9.6 (highest grade)

Amazing Spider-man #194 CGC 9.4

Daredevil # 170 CGC 9.4

Daredevil # 175 CGC 9.4

Hellblazer # 41 CGC 9.6

Son of Satan # 1 CGC 9.4

Still waiting on a few more books