• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Groo Appreciation Thread!
9 9

360 posts in this topic

Based on all the interviews I have watched on YouTube and read on print, it really seems like there won't be any Groo animation in Sergio's lifetime.

The creators themselves admitted they are very "possessive" when it comes to Groo.

I personally feel that Groo is best suited for a TV Series - like Simpsons or Family Guy, rather than a stand-alone movie.

On 11/20/2021 at 6:53 AM, Bronty said:

Some fun news.    Josh, who bought the rights, created the original Groo website and email Groop; lifelong fan.   His company is called “Did I Err Productions” lol

E7DC97A2-79BD-49F5-83FC-F3774DBF9F89.png

Interesting.  

I guess this explains the massive run on all of the CGC graded copies of Destroyer Duck on ebay over the last couple of days.  Not one 9.8 copy available though. 

-J.

On 11/28/2021 at 4:30 PM, Microchip said:

$1500 with 2 hours to go...

Finished at 1850. :whatthe: Boy was I wrong lol.  

Well looks like Groo has arrived.  

On another note , even the Pacific #1 (his first cover appearance) is getting some heat.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294569120946?hash=item4495b014b2:g:WPcAAOSwJL9hm8gy#vi__app-cvip-panel

-J.

$1,850 for CGC 9.8 Destroyer Duck 1. That's an high by a mile. Last auction months ago was $600 range. This is 3x the price based on animation rights.

Not sure if it's an "organic" high or if there is manipulation. There were only 18 bidders, with me being one of them. I quit at $700.

The winning bidder only has a 30 bid count, so could be a shill or is this a new guy? There was also no movement in the final price in the last 5 minutes. So maybe $1,850 is artificial inflation?

The issue at 9.8 only has a population of 107. It's not going to increase much as its a 40-year old comic and I doubt many hoarded this.

I think the sleeper is Groo 1 Pacific. It's only 128 population at 9.8 and is Groo's first cover appearance. For purely aesthetic purposes, I'd prefer holding that than a duck on the cover.