• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Groo Appreciation Thread!
9 9

360 posts in this topic

Looks like the same seller has one more copy listed at $3500. Seems fishy.

If it was really a $1850 book and not shilled, shouldn't all the 9.6's on eBay with buy it nows of $360 to $370 have all been sold by now already?

Edited by jick

The same eBay seller who "sold" DD#1 9.8 at $1,850 eventually listed a couple of other copies with BIN.  The most recent copy was advertised as his "last one."

Right now, that same seller listed a DD#1 9.8 for open auction.  Maybe he wants to "test" the market again because the $1,850 sale did not satisfy his questions?  Maybe the buyer with only 30+ feedback backed out?

Regardless, I am not saying that DD#1 did not spike up due the animation rights being sold.  I am just a bit skeptical at the $1,850 result if that is what it really is.

We shall find out soon when this next current auction ends.

There was also a 9.6 DD#1 that sold in open auction for $316, but the ones in the $370-ish range in buy-it-now are still not seeing much movement.

I am always observing the eBay sales because I too am an owner of DD#1 and Groo #1 so I would love to monitor how it is going.

A new auction of Destroyer Duck #1 CGC 9.8 that just finished minutes ago - from the same seller wth the $1800 result - just fetched $1,025.

Now I don't know if that is still a shilled price, but at least it sort of proves that the $1,800 price is not reflective of real market price at the moment - even after the animation rights announcement.

And there were only 16 bidders - for full disclosure I was one of them but I tapped out early.  I am still not convinced that the results now are reflective of the true market value.

On 12/13/2021 at 10:35 PM, jick said:

A new auction of Destroyer Duck #1 CGC 9.8 that just finished minutes ago - from the same seller wth the $1800 result - just fetched $1,025.

Now I don't know if that is still a shilled price, but at least it sort of proves that the $1,800 price is not reflective of real market price at the moment - even after the animation rights announcement.

And there were only 16 bidders - for full disclosure I was one of them but I tapped out early.  I am still not convinced that the results now are reflective of the true market value.

The $1,025 price is probably a fair price for this book right now.  I paid about half of that several months ago and the recent news probably doubled the value of the book.

On 12/14/2021 at 9:07 AM, jeffreyk said:

The $1,025 price is probably a fair price for this book right now.  I paid about half of that several months ago and the recent news probably doubled the value of the book.

while I'm a big fan, Groo hovers just above niche. As flippers and speculators exit hobby expect a decent drop in 2022

Edited by MAR1979