• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Groo Appreciation Thread!
9 9

360 posts in this topic

On 2/28/2022 at 8:19 PM, CGC Mike said:

@mrwoogieman Would you like me to change the title of your thread?  If so, what would you like it to say?  

Groo-vin' with Groo!

or 

This is what Rufferto Thinks of Groo's Thread!

or 

Groo Lovers Unite - Cheese Dip for All!

(shrug)

On 1/30/2022 at 8:29 AM, mrwoogieman said:

Pacific Comics offered a t-shirt of this front/back cover

Scan1176.jpg

pScan1177.jpg

One of my favorite shirts, but I rarely wear it due to it being “collectible.”  Groo is my favorite character, who mostly remains unchanged since the Pacific issues, save for when he learned to read.  The writing is clever, plus it’s easy to introduce new readers to the title since most issues work standalone.  

Looks like the momentum caused by the Groo animation rights announcement has cooled off.

CGC 9.8 Destroyer Duck #1 just had its most recent auction sale at $999, first time it's gone below $1000 since it's high of $1800 months ago.

There is also a Pacific Groo #1 CGC 9.8 with a BIN of $475 that has been parking on the bay for a few weeks now.

Still no new YouTube video from Sergio and Mark acknowledging the movie rights.

On the good news side, if you check their FB pages - Sergio is offering 8.5" x 11" ready made Groo sketches.  More or less, all the ones with a ship have already sold out.

On 3/11/2022 at 7:34 AM, jick said:

Looks like the momentum caused by the Groo animation rights announcement has cooled off.

CGC 9.8 Destroyer Duck #1 just had its most recent auction sale at $999, first time it's gone below $1000 since it's high of $1800 months ago.

There is also a Pacific Groo #1 CGC 9.8 with a BIN of $475 that has been parking on the bay for a few weeks now.

Still no new YouTube video from Sergio and Mark acknowledging the movie rights.

On the good news side, if you check their FB pages - Sergio is offering 8.5" x 11" ready made Groo sketches.  More or less, all the ones with a ship have already sold out.

Any thinking of buying Groo "keys" at current prices your wallet may thank you for holding off as the spike continues downward. 'sides only a mendicant buys high.

Edited by MAR1979

Been a while since I replied to this topic, but been monitoring the Groos on eBay.

The Groo #1's Pacific that have no movement with the asking prices are:

CGC 9.8 - $495 (listed April 12)

CBCS 9.8 - $449 (listed April 3)

CGC 9.8 - $449 (listed Feb. 23)

The Feb.23 listing started at $499 and has been reduced with still no takers. So the actual real world value should be something significantly lower.

There are also three Destroyer Duck #1's at CGC 9.8 at $1700 and not moving.  The real world price is around $990 as that's what it sold for in April 24 and $999 on March 1 in open bidding.

So not only are the keys showing up on eBay, they are also not being purchased at their asking prices.

There is a Groo Special on open auction, it will be interesting to see what that one will net.

In the meantime, still no word from Mark and Sergio on YouTube and nothing new on the movie animation ights front.  It smells like things are not right on that end.  I mean who would make something called "Did I Err Productions"?  Well, only a Groo fan and it obviously is a company with no animation experience but made specifically to animate Groo.  I am sure they encountered more obstacles and stumbling blocks along the way, hence, the eerie silence.

On 4/27/2022 at 12:15 AM, jick said:

Been a while since I replied to this topic, but been monitoring the Groos on eBay.

The Groo #1's Pacific that have no movement with the asking prices are:

CGC 9.8 - $495 (listed April 12)

CBCS 9.8 - $449 (listed April 3)

CGC 9.8 - $449 (listed Feb. 23)

The Feb.23 listing started at $499 and has been reduced with still no takers. So the actual real world value should be something significantly lower.

There are also three Destroyer Duck #1's at CGC 9.8 at $1700 and not moving.  The real world price is around $990 as that's what it sold for in April 24 and $999 on March 1 in open bidding.

So not only are the keys showing up on eBay, they are also not being purchased at their asking prices.

There is a Groo Special on open auction, it will be interesting to see what that one will net.

In the meantime, still no word from Mark and Sergio on YouTube and nothing new on the movie animation ights front.  It smells like things are not right on that end.  I mean who would make something called "Did I Err Productions"?  Well, only a Groo fan and it obviously is a company with no animation experience but made specifically to animate Groo.  I am sure they encountered more obstacles and stumbling blocks along the way, hence, the eerie silence.

Based on Evaniers blog he's not involved and I'd find it hard to believe he is able to keep quiet about it if he was.

Edited by MAR1979

Yes, looks like all the Groo hoopla has died down.

Groo#1 Pacific CGC 9.8 with a rare double cover just sold in an auction for only $300.

There are many Destroyer Duck #1 9.8's on eBay now without any movement.

The end of the pandemic has made values of virtually all collectibles crash.

There is no talk about the animation rights.  I guess it's time to check out from this thread and check back in a couple of months.

On 5/15/2022 at 10:02 PM, jick said:

Yes, looks like all the Groo hoopla has died down.

Groo#1 Pacific CGC 9.8 with a rare double cover just sold in an auction for only $300.

There are many Destroyer Duck #1 9.8's on eBay now without any movement.

The end of the pandemic has made values of virtually all collectibles crash.

There is no talk about the animation rights.  I guess it's time to check out from this thread and check back in a couple of months.

Agreed !

In fairness the double cover was 9.4 outside, 9.8 inner.  I personally don't care if  book has quadruple covers I'm not going to spend 9.8 money for something that slabbed presents as 9.4

A month or 2 back in Evaniers blog he mentioned rights being optioned etc are all BAU and he stated seldom comes to fruition.  A harsh lesson for those who spent 1.8K (9.8) on a book that will may very well be under $550 by year end.  My guess is in 1-2 years the book settles at 350-400 unless some huge miracle occurs and  property gets animated then somehow  becomes successful. Investments that depend on miracles are already lost investments

Edited by MAR1979

On 5/30/2022 at 8:53 AM, pippip said:

One of the 3 Destroyer Duck #1's at CGC 9.8 for $1,700 on eBay has just sold as Best offer accepted.

www.ebay.com/itm/284652902402?hash=item4246a29802:g:QV8AAOSwWnViCeNC

Wonder what the offer was?

Welcome to the boards!!!

Try 130point.com

It shows best offer prices, if sold for $970.

Screenshot_20220530-215134_Samsung Internet.jpg