• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cry For Dawn / Dawn Appreciation Thread
6 6

291 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, RedGiant said:

That copy is coming my way.

I also picked up a 9.6 #7 deluxe letterbox (1 of 3 on census) and a 9.8 #8 LE (1 of 2 on census) within the last year. 

So now I need two books to complete my 9.8 run:

• #5 LE 9.8 (only 1 copy on census and I know who owns it but he's not selling)
  • #7 deluxe letterbox in 9..8 (there are zero on census)

Awesome.  Good to hear, I was prepared to bid over that, but dumped that money into another book that went off that night (IM 100 9.8).  That #5 is going to be a tough nut to crack, good luck, post pictures of this stuff when you have time.

On 12/29/2021 at 5:57 PM, Legion of Goom said:

No new comic additions, but I did manage to snag this published Dawn piece. Along with being a card in the set, this was the box art for the Definitive Dawn trading cards released back in 2002.

Definitive Dawn art Linsner.jpg

Woah. Nice pick up. 

Had a collection dropped off yesterday with at least 80 signed Linsner books (and a couple hundred more unsigned), including dozens of variants I’ve never seen. Two full sets of every printing of Cry For Dawn. There look to be 9.6-9.8 copies of a few but I strongly doubt it will magically have the two that @RedGiantneeds. 

Edited by lighthouse

On 2/25/2024 at 2:13 PM, RedGiant said:

Posted in WTB thread as well. Anyone have a look sharp alphabet book they’d sell?  A-Z copies. Example below (not mine). 
IMG_7795.thumb.jpeg.6fc5351ec80fb552032bd4b42b20e30e.jpeg

IMG_7794.thumb.jpeg.7a287ce01564f5fb12b37c7f1908a1ad.jpeg

I saw one for sale at the Baltimore CC two years ago, which happened to be the last time JML attended...and the dealer wanted 5 dimes for it, and got him down to 4500 and that was it.  Too much, I couldnt justify that even with being able to walk it over to JLM for him to put a eye tear on it and then walk it over to CGC and get a green/yellow label for it.

On 2/26/2024 at 12:53 PM, bluehorseshoe said:

The chase for high grade copies of this book is just incredible.  I did not even think this was a 9.6, though with a press on the bottom front staple area it might be.  But regardless, wow.

IMG_0507.jpeg

Crazy tough book in true high grade. Zero 9.8s prior to 2020. Now 2, both of which I owned (sold one to another CFD fanatic). Always has rusty staples inside at centerfold. If you are lucky enough to find one with clean staples - that shiny red cardboard cover shows every possible tiny defect and 9 times out of 10 it can’t be pressed out. Tbh I’m surprised that book didn’t go for more than it did. 

On 2/26/2024 at 12:56 PM, bluehorseshoe said:

I saw one for sale at the Baltimore CC two years ago, which happened to be the last time JML attended...and the dealer wanted 5 dimes for it, and got him down to 4500 and that was it.  Too much, I couldnt justify that even with being able to walk it over to JLM for him to put a eye tear on it and then walk it over to CGC and get a green/yellow label for it.

Holy hell!  That’s insane. 

On 2/26/2024 at 4:08 PM, RedGiant said:

Crazy tough book in true high grade. Zero 9.8s prior to 2020. Now 2, both of which I owned (sold one to another CFD fanatic). Always has rusty staples inside at centerfold. If you are lucky enough to find one with clean staples - that shiny red cardboard cover shows every possible tiny defect and 9 times out of 10 it can’t be pressed out. Tbh I’m surprised that book didn’t go for more than it did. 

I have one that I think has a shot, but its going to have to be examined by someone who is in the business of knowing what to fix in terms of what I don't know with the cardstock covers.  I am going to submit it either way, but I love and I am amazed at the chase at the same time.