• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC and Marvel movie results: 1978 to present
5 5

781 posts in this topic

do we know the worldwide numbers for amazing spiderman 2 yet

YFfm42j.png

The budget is one even Box Office Mojo hasn't gotten straight yet because it is made up of production costs plus the $180-$190 MM marketing campaign. So I went with the street estimate what this cost Sony.

it looks like spider-man is going to end this week with $450 million which Sony said is good news to them.

that makes no sense, since it has already done $450mm through yesterday. it should be at $550mm through this weekend if it's going to have a shot at $750mm WW.

Edited by paperheart

it looks like spider-man is going to end this week with $450 million which Sony said is good news to them.

that makes no sense, since it has already done $450mm through yesterday. it should be at $550mm through this weekend if it's going to have a shot at $750mm WW.

my bad yeah it suppose to end around $550mm.

ywxGsfa.png

qjTU08P.png

Looking at your stats I just noticed something in that no X-MEN movie every broke 500 million worldwide! :o

That`s something to look out for with X-MEN:Days of Future Past.

Why?

Most American most box office audiences has declined over the past 7 years, and it has been the global worldwide audience that has given these movies the big push to profitability.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Looking at your stats I just noticed something in that no X-MEN movie every broke 500 million worldwide! :o

That`s something to look out for with X-MEN:Days of Future Past.

Why?

Most American most box office audiences has declined over the past 7 years, and it has been the global worldwide audience that has given these movies the big push to profitability.

You're right. Even adjusting domestic box office numbers to 2014, only two Spider-Man and The Avengers exceeds the $500 MM mark.

There have been quite a number of articles over the past few years on the overseas market. And even movies like Iron Man 3 shot local scenes to appeal to the Chinese market. And the market analysis teslls why.

2013 global cinema trends published - we watch too many movies

If you can get Batman on the cheap someday on DVD or Blu, watch it with the commentary track on. Some interesting insights on the production from Burton (stuff that worked, stuff that didn't). It really enhances it better, imho.

i have them all on Blu Ray, Superman too, i never get round to the commentary tracks

ASM 2 had a 425 million budget?

$180-$190 MM of which was just the marketing budget to make this a 'big win' for Sony in reestablishing the franchise.

:eek:

my thoughts exactly

The number may sound impressive CC but Overseas box office is much less helpful to the studio. Studio gets about 55% of the box office from domestic (the other 45 goes to the theaters) However with overseas it's a 70/30 split with studios getting 30% but after all fees and everything are applied for import etc its about 15%. So far its at 564 million. Assuming 55% from domestic Sony will get 87 million. From overseas theyll get about 80 million (20% of the overseas) Of course Sony's costs are inflated but it really doesn't look to be such a huge gain for them.

If you can get Batman on the cheap someday on DVD or Blu, watch it with the commentary track on. Some interesting insights on the production from Burton (stuff that worked, stuff that didn't). It really enhances it better, imho.

i have them all on Blu Ray, Superman too, i never get round to the commentary tracks

Boy oh boy, you don't know what you are missing.

There's a lot of drama that went on with the original Superman movies alone.

Ilyia Salkind and producer Pierre Spengler handle the commentary duties for original number 2's disc and original director Richard Donner does the honors for #2's Director's cut. In the end you really get the understanding Donner does not like producer Spengler. When they let him go after comments he made, the cast/filmmakers kinda took sides and cost them big roles in Superman III (maybe a good thing). Warner Bros. was only the distributor of these movies and Donner had a great history of films with them since. He was planning to work on a Superman III (possibly shoot two movies at once again), with Brainiac, Supergirl and Mytzleplix-something. It makes you wonder where that series would have went if Donner stayed on board as he was willing to (sans Spengler). The cast really loved him and his craft. Screenwriter Mark Rosenthal's discussion about the lost opportunity of Superman IV is actually better than the actual movie. A lot of accusations of alleged misuse of budget, while a desperate Christopher Reeve was trying to hold everything together with any superhuman Hollywood powers he had to get the series back on track.

The Batman Burton commentaries show a Batman fan with a lot of passion to get the character back on track. I never knew he was such a fan. Plus, all the risks he was taking with everything that really paid off, to be able to try anything with the Returns movie and watch it backfire. Like Donner, he wanted to continue the series, but was shut out. Schumacher's Batman & Robin commentary is a sobering reminder that some of these movies being just sheer greed. It's actually the kind of confessional to make you hate Hollywood touching your favorite characters.

i think we should add these movies the TMNT movies and Godzilla both Hollywood movies since they both have comic books and it would be good to see how any comic book movies do in sales, sorry if i'm adding more work.