• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC and Marvel movie results: 1978 to present
5 5

783 posts in this topic

Guardians continues to go up, though slower than where it started.

RAJ2cFl.png

ApkMjpz.png

But it is some of these movies that are massively benefiting from the International Box Office that is most shocking. For a modern movie to be a confirmed success, it has to do at least 2.5X budget.

'Dracula Untold' and 'Hercules' are definitely two of those candidates that should give a big THANK YOU to the international fans. Especially 'Dracula' that was a bust across the Domestic Box Office market.

(worship)

Guardians continues to go up, though slower than where it started.

RAJ2cFl.png

ApkMjpz.png

But it is some of these movies that are massively benefiting from the International Box Office that is most shocking. For a modern movie to be a confirmed success, it has to do at least 2.5X budget.

'Dracula Untold' and 'Hercules' are definitely two of those candidates that should give a big THANK YOU to the international fans. Especially 'Dracula' that was a bust across the Domestic Box Office market.

(worship)

the sad part of the 'Dracula" movie is you can go to youtube and watch all the cut scenes from Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and it will be a better movie.

Looks like The Hobbit 3 may open to a $100 MM weekend, domestically.

tF0vyn2.png

And it looks like Guardians still has some money coming in from the international box office.

i watched the hobbit movie yesterday and i like it it ends just right and they did a good way to connect to the lords of the ring movies.

I was out getting some small stocking stuffers at a local store that was having a $3 DVD sale today. They had the three-disc Incredible Hulk DVD as part of the sale.

Marvel Studios definitely misfired on this one. As much as it would have been fun to have as mindless viewing while doing some work, even with the Incredible Hulk I couldn't bring myself to buy it.

:(

There are people who love this movie, there are people who hate it. I'm in between myself. I liked Edward Norton as Banner and how it paid homage to the 70's series, but it was one you can watch a couple of times and not really own (I do though). What did it make WW, $250 million? Maybe the ghost of Bill Bixby haunted it too much for the kids of that generation. I'm looking at my comic book movie section and wondering why I own average funnybook movies like Ghost Rider, Whiteout, Cowboys & Aliens, ManThing, Blade: The series and others, myself. I started boycotting sucky movies like TMNT (2014), Sin City 2, etc to stop the flow of licensed so-so flicks entering my collection after ASM 2.

There are people who love this movie, there are people who hate it. I'm in between myself. I liked Edward Norton as Banner and how it paid homage to the 70's series, but it was one you can watch a couple of times and not really own (I do though). What did it make WW, $250 million? Maybe the ghost of Bill Bixby haunted it too much for the kids of that generation. I'm looking at my comic book movie section and wondering why I own average funnybook movies like Ghost Rider, Whiteout, Cowboys & Aliens, ManThing, Blade: The series and others, myself. I started boycotting sucky movies like TMNT (2014), Sin City 2, etc to stop the flow of licensed so-so flicks entering my collection after ASM 2.

Don't you do it. Don't you subliminally talk me into going back and purchasing that movie. No. Stop it. Get out of my head!

Emil-Blonsky-the-incredible-hulk-movie-7999651-690-308.jpg

Whew! I feel better already. That image talked me out of it.

:whee:

That`s what it was. It takes time. Look how people couldn`t get over Christopher Reeve, and Brandon Routh paid for it. Routh though paved the way for Henry Cavill`s success. The same thing is going on with Spider-Man. People are into Tobey Maguire so much as Spider-Man that Garfield is paying for it in low popularity. I guarantee the next actor who plays Spider-Man will be more popular than Garfield.

This thinking leaves me to hope Affleck can pull off replacing Bale as Batman without fandom getting upset. :wishluck:

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

That`s what it was. It takes time. Look how people couldn`t get over Christopher Reeve, and Brandon Routh paid for it. Routh though paved the way for Henry Cavill`s success. The same thing is going on with Spider-Man. People are into Tobey Maguire so much as Spider-Man that Garfield is paying for it in low popularity. I guarantee the next actor who plays Spider-Man will be more popular than Garfield.

This thinking leaves me to hope Affleck can pull off replacing Bale as Batman without fandom getting upset. :wishluck:

I'm a huge Affleck fan, but I don't think this will win him an audience like Keaton or Bale. Keaton took a risk with a talented director of two little movies and Bale was part of "something" bigger than the actual character he was playing. Unfortunately, Ben ca$hed in his much deserved screenwriting/director acclaim on a multiple picture deal with Warner Bros. I definitely don't think he will suck, but I feel it's gonna be one too many Batmen changes for the mainstream to take seriously and think "product". Will that hurt the movie, I guess we will see. I don't think a trailer will be honest enough because of the sheer awesomeness of the assembly of the trinity.

Don't you do it. Don't you subliminally talk me into going back and purchasing that movie. No. Stop it. Get out of my head!

Emil-Blonsky-the-incredible-hulk-movie-7999651-690-308.jpg

Whew! I feel better already. That image talked me out of it.

:whee:

OMG. I just finished RIPD.

Worst. Christmas. Ever.

Right now to me, The Incredible Hulk is a four star movie. lol

Hunger Games 2 is only on Day 38, and it is already approaching Guardians of the Galaxy's Day 46 domestic box office.

LQpr7dp.png

But I am not sure HG2 will pass up GotG in only three days. So the latter may remain the king of the box office hill.

:applause:

Some international box office regions reported updated numbers for Amazing Spider-Man 2, Guardians of the Galaxy and X-Men: Days of Future Past.

7RwD9et.png

FvQRNKH.png

QikFW06.png

I still can't believe a phenomenal movie like X-Men: First Class made so much less than the other movies. It was really that good.