• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC and Marvel movie results: 1978 to present
5 5

783 posts in this topic

:gossip: Total Domestic Gross of Superman III was: $59,950,623 million.

Saw it at The Milford Drive-In as a kid. :preach:

Last column is the worldwide results adjusted for 2015 inflation since release date.

:foryou:

For those wondering what the dollar value of each movie would be today.

Last column is the worldwide results adjusted for 2015 inflation since release date.

Whoopsie!

Whoopsie!

Money was worth a whole lot more back then.

Today`s dollar was worth about $4 in 1977 as a kind of example.

AOU's domestic-international % is matching Captain America: The Winter Soldier right now.

TblLr9J.png

luncwBt.png

tCnpklE.png

China: 12 May 2015

Japan: 4 July 2015

With China hitting yesterday, and Japan over a month from now, those numbers should significantly jump.

Although it has dropped to #3 at the box office, Avengers 2 is tearing it up worldwide.

kAsBGPn.png

iGWXsrg.png

aWvZb7i.png

It domestic-international distribution seems to be matching Iron Man 3. Although Japan is more than a month away from its box office opening.

- The Avengers box office final (Japan): $45,256,010

- Iron Man 3 box office final (Japan): $25,185,661

- Captain America: The Winter Soldier box office final (Japan): $6,628,830

- Guardians of the Galaxy box office final (Japan): $9,504,440

It could end up more on the $40 MM level come July.

BOX OFFICE: 'Pitch Perfect 2' Zooms Past the Final Gross of Its Predecessor with $70.3M Debut; 'Mad Max: Fury Road' Speeds to Promising $44.4M Second Place Start

Avengers: Age of Ultron fell two spots to place in third this weekend with an estimated $38.84 million. In the process, the blockbuster superhero sequel from Disney and Marvel zoomed past Furious 7 to become the highest grossing release of 2015 thus far domestically with a 17-day take of $372.01 million. Without adjusting for ticket price inflation, Avengers: Age of Ultron claimed the fifth largest third weekend gross of all-time (behind only Avatar, Marvel's The Avengers, Spider-Man and The Dark Knight).

Avengers: Age of Ultron was down a sizable 50 percent from last weekend, which was understandable given the one-two punch it took from Pitch Perfect 2 and Mad Max: Fury Road this weekend. In comparison, 2012's The Avengers fell just 46 percent in its third weekend to gross $55.64 million, while 2013's Iron Man 3 fell 51 percent to gross $35.77 million. Avengers: Age of Ultron is currently running 19 percent behind the $457.67 million 17-day take of The Avengers and 10 percent ahead of the $337.66 million 17-day gross of Iron Man 3.

Why Lobo is not part of the DC lineup going out to 2020.

Director Brad Peyton Reveals Why Warner Bros. Put The Breaks On LOBO

"It’s one of those things where, creatively, you and I get it, but there’s a lot of people that don’t quite get that. It’s a real uphill battle to talk people into spending a lot of money to do things correctly… I was really happy with the -script, [though]. I talked with Dwayne about it. Joel Silver and I had a really amazing meeting about it. I did a rewrite of the -script and was really, really excited for it. In their estimation, though, he wasn’t one of those main guys… That’s fair enough."

Those comments emphasise how Warner Bros. is going about building their DC Cinematic Universe in comparison to Marvel, and Peyton added: "I think that, to do any kind of comic book universe correctly, you do need to establish, ‘Here’s the tone. Here’s the main people.’ Then we can grow offshoots from there. With Marvel, they’re now doing smaller characters like Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy. They obviously had to start, though, with their big guns and set up The Avengers. I kind of feel like that’s where DC is now. They’re setting that team up."

But some of the comments at the bottom of the article made a lot of sense in having Lobo be a backup character in the Green Lantern movie. From there, DC can judge if a Lobo movie would go over well or not.

:wishluck::wishluck:

BOX OFFICE: 'Pitch Perfect 2' Zooms Past the Final Gross of Its Predecessor with $70.3M Debut; 'Mad Max: Fury Road' Speeds to Promising $44.4M Second Place Start

Avengers: Age of Ultron fell two spots to place in third this weekend with an estimated $38.84 million. In the process, the blockbuster superhero sequel from Disney and Marvel zoomed past Furious 7 to become the highest grossing release of 2015 thus far domestically with a 17-day take of $372.01 million. Without adjusting for ticket price inflation, Avengers: Age of Ultron claimed the fifth largest third weekend gross of all-time (behind only Avatar, Marvel's The Avengers, Spider-Man and The Dark Knight).

Avengers: Age of Ultron was down a sizable 50 percent from last weekend, which was understandable given the one-two punch it took from Pitch Perfect 2 and Mad Max: Fury Road this weekend. In comparison, 2012's The Avengers fell just 46 percent in its third weekend to gross $55.64 million, while 2013's Iron Man 3 fell 51 percent to gross $35.77 million. Avengers: Age of Ultron is currently running 19 percent behind the $457.67 million 17-day take of The Avengers and 10 percent ahead of the $337.66 million 17-day gross of Iron Man 3.

Let's give the director of Pitch Perfect 2 credit for being a Spider-Man movie alumni (Betty Brant) to survive the first franchise. Although I'll remember her more for Wet Hot American Summer, with her scenes with Antman. :D