• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC and Marvel movie results: 1978 to present
5 5

783 posts in this topic

On 10/17/2021 at 9:41 PM, Bosco685 said:

Cool to see so many comic book movies in the worldwide Top 8 for 2021.

WW_BO211017.thumb.JPG.02ee156aeff208ae44f141d7a1e2ea75.JPG

:applause:

Oh wow, looks like No Time to Die will creep into second place for the year once its run is done. Even with that success it will probably only do a little better than breaking even. I usually have no interest in film budgets but you all have been ramming it down my throat! I understand its important in determining whether the film will get a sequel or not. But No Time to Die could cost the studio a hundred million and you know what, we still getting another Bond movie! 

On 10/18/2021 at 5:30 AM, Oddball said:

Oh wow, looks like No Time to Die will creep into second place for the year once its run is done. Even with that success it will probably only do a little better than breaking even. I usually have no interest in film budgets but you all have been ramming it down my throat! I understand its important in determining whether the film will get a sequel or not. But No Time to Die could cost the studio a hundred million and you know what, we still getting another Bond movie! 

Hey, I only started doing it when I realized how much of actual box office results were being misrepresented on here to build a narrative. Like with Shang-Chi being THE DOMINANT FILM at the box office (if you present the domestic numbers only and the fanatics using their excess earnings to feed Disney's success). Once you recognize the game, you also recognize how facts matter.

On 10/18/2021 at 2:06 PM, Bosco685 said:

Hey, I only started doing it when I realized how much of actual box office results were being misrepresented on here to build a narrative. Like with Shang-Chi being THE DOMINANT FILM at the box office (if you present the domestic numbers only and the fanatics using their excess earnings to feed Disney's success). Once you recognize the game, you also recognize how facts matter.

It was tongue in cheek. I actually developed an interest in film budget vs what they haul in thanks to you all. I got real interested after Joker.

On 10/18/2021 at 7:53 AM, Oddball said:

It was tongue in cheek. I actually developed an interest in film budget vs what they haul in thanks to you all. I got real interested after Joker.

What a way for a film to take off after the first weekend. Every week was a new solid surprise at the box office.

:headbang:

On 10/30/2021 at 3:52 PM, Bosco685 said:

No Time To Die and Free Guy updates.

WW_BO211030.thumb.PNG.1ac5169dfe8735e4e883036eb1c55e21.PNG

Can Dune jump ahead of A Quiet Place II now that it has opened up to the wider market?

Dune will bump A Quiet Place down but thats ok, it held its own against all those films two/three times its budget. And it saved the theater industry.