• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC and Marvel movie results: 1978 to present
5 5

783 posts in this topic

also Dark Knight Rises probabily lost alot of box office money after the events on opening day

I've wondered that as well. Especially when some reporters had to go a step further and point out how the villain was a terrorist, which may encourage such violence. That definitely would have made people think twice about attending a showing.

Yet the movie still exceeded a billion dollars USD, even with that horrible situation.

the same goes for video games which is sad, i think because they want to report the latest that sometimes they try to blame movies or video games.

25Z3ciO.png

There will definitely be a need to update some of the franchise details soon enough.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Domestic: 158,883,032; Worldwide: $476,583,032)

And I have a feeling Guardians of the Galaxy, X-Men: Days of Future Past and Amazing Spider-Man will only take these franchises much, much higher!

how much money has the superman movie set and a batman movie set done in total like you did for the marvel movies.

Give me a little bit to watch a show with my wife, and I will post this information.

how much money has the superman movie set and a batman movie set done in total like you did for the marvel movies.

Give me a little bit to watch a show with my wife, and I will post this information.

ok no problem i think you should also start looking how much amazing spiderman 2 has been doing and add it to your sony spiderman set.

I took a look at four DC franchises.

HTjVlzu.png

Batman dominates overall, as Superman had one too many dogs which impacted the overall franchise results.

I took a look at four DC franchises.

HTjVlzu.png

Batman dominates overall, as Superman had one too many dogs which impacted the overall franchise results.

wow yeah even by removing the animation batman movie it's still #1 with superman #2.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (4/4/14)

Production Budget: $170,000,000

Worldwide Box Office (to date): $480,045,947

Profit Ratio: 2.82

And climbing! As of 4/13, it did $36,230,000 in China alone.

:applause:

$85mm and counting in china. The intl Bo is a surprise to me. Will do $450mm + intl

I think people who weren't alive then (or were too young to realize it) don't realize how huge the first Tim Burton Batman movie was. It was amazingly popular and actually brought people into the comic book store looking for Batman comics. At the time, Batman was not a high selling book (other than, say Year One or other special issues). After the movie, it slowly but steadily became the most consistently popular comic for DC.

$85mm and counting in china. The intl Bo is a surprise to me. Will do $450mm + intl

Thanks for correcting that number for China.

I think most folks assumed being an American-based character wouldn't go over so big internationally. A great surprise!

I think people who weren't alive then (or were too young to realize it) don't realize how huge the first Tim Burton Batman movie was. It was amazingly popular and actually brought people into the comic book store looking for Batman comics. At the time, Batman was not a high selling book (other than, say Year One or other special issues). After the movie, it slowly but steadily became the most consistently popular comic for DC.

Agree. That was going to be my choice too. The tie-ins and Batmania were huge that summer. Everything just came together.

Agree. That was going to be my choice too. The tie-ins and Batmania were huge that summer. Everything just came together.

I lived it. People were going nuts for Batman-that was all anyone could talk about. Then some friends and I went to see it. We hated it and were sorely disappointed. Jack Nicholson as a mime-that sealed the deal for me. And it ended with the old 'climbing villain' cliche. Yikes.

I lived it. People were going nuts for Batman-that was all anyone could talk about. Then some friends and I went to see it. We hated it and were sorely disappointed. Jack Nicholson as a mime-that sealed the deal for me. And it ended with the old 'climbing villain' cliche. Yikes.

Next, you'll be telling us how disappointed you were that the Jokers' body wasn't all pulped up from a 500-foot fall to the ground.

(:

-slym ( :gossip: - mimes don't talk!) :P

Yeah, but that first scene on the roof with the burglars. I remember getting goose bumps... I was disappointed with the movie as well, but I'll never forget seeing that scene in the theatre on opening day....