• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC and Marvel movie results: 1978 to present
5 5

783 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, Amazing Spider-Man 2 hasn't even exceeded The Incredible Hulk's 2008 profit level.

I have yet to hear back from Sony about my refund for ASM2 so those numbers may yet again change, lol.

Unfortunately, Amazing Spider-Man 2 hasn't even exceeded The Incredible Hulk's 2008 profit level.

I have yet to hear back from Sony about my refund for ASM2 so those numbers may yet again change, lol.

lol

Good luck with that refund.

:foryou:

too much money put on the film marketing, i think Sony need to find better marketing team the whole movie was basically shown in the trailers. how much of a difference would the profit be if it they didn't spent so much on the marketing.

how much of a difference would the profit be if it they didn't spent so much on the marketing.

More than double Sony's investment in the movie.

wow hope Sony see that marketing the next like they did this one, it can hurt them. i say give us 3 or 4 trailers and hold any of the surprise for the movie.

A good weekend to be a comic book fan.

I guess Captain America: The Winter Soldier is still playing in certain theaters. I noticed the domestic box office went up by a few million dollars.

:whee:

joDbYSx.png

DJ5oGFT.png

X-Men: DoFP has already exceeded it's budget in only the first weekend. And Monday isn't even tallied yet.

It's going to be an interesting few weeks to see where this ends up.

Updated the first page overall summary.

-----------------------------

The 1978-2014 period in DC and Marvel-based movies (does not include Guardians of the Galaxy yet) is comprised of 64 movies. Looking at all included movies as a whole, they had a budget of $7,199,000,000 leading to a worldwide box office take of $21,410,851,914 using USD from their given year of release. If adjusted for 2014 inflation, the overall domestic total would be $12,490,411,522 for those movies that appeared in the U.S. market.

-----------------------------

Talk about a whole lot of money made off a large investment.

r7DaP2G.png

Y9x3dsq.png

From Tuesday and Wednesday alone, 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' added $13,924,025, 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' added $1,314,150 and 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' added $30,7543.

It is still unclear what ASM 2's production budget truly was, though rumors are anywhere from $225-$300 MM in addition to $180-$190 in marketing expense. Just to be safe, I'll go with $300 MM right now for the production budget.

r7DaP2G.png

Y9x3dsq.png

From Tuesday and Wednesday alone, 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' added $13,924,025, 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' added $1,314,150 and 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' added $30,7543.

It is still unclear what ASM 2's production budget truly was, though rumors are anywhere from $225-$300 MM in addition to $180-$190 in marketing expense. Just to be safe, I'll go with $300 MM right now for the production budget.

did cap2 made4x the amount it cost to make.

r7DaP2G.png

Y9x3dsq.png

Over 4X what it costs to make the movie. And from the majority of the feedback, we'll earned.

r7DaP2G.png

Y9x3dsq.png

Over 4X what it costs to make the movie. And from the majority of the feedback, we'll earned.

Until they exactly go watch ASM 2, and not the trailers.

Most of the people dogging it haven`t even watched it.

This is what`s going to happen, just like Lone Ranger.

They will watch it on Netflix, Red Box or HBO, and comeback to post that they actually liked it better then the trailers they judged it on.

ASM 2 was entertaining. Was it X-Men: Days of Future Past good? No.

ASM 2 still was well worth the $7.75 I paid to see it, and that`s a lot better then the last 2 comic books I paid $3.99 to read.

;)

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

r7DaP2G.png

Y9x3dsq.png

Until they exactly go watch ASM 2, and not the trailers.

Most of the people dogging it haven`t even watched it.

This is what`s going to happen, just like Lone Ranger.

They will watch it on Netflix, Red Box or HBO, and comeback to post that they actually liked it better then the trailers they judged it on.

ASM 2 was entertaining. Was it X-Men: Days of Future Past good? No.

ASM 2 still was well worth the $7.75 I paid to see it, and that`s a lot better then the last 2 comic books I paid $3.99 to read.

;)

that's what happen to one of my friends he didn't want to see Man of Steel in theaters and rented when it came out comes back to me tells he love the film.

Was taking a look at the Fox X-Franchise. Internationally, these films have definitely been strong.

qK5bP8m.png

5Z20w2M.png

I wonder if that will influence Fox to focus more content on specific markets like Iron Man 3 did with China.

If there is one studio that has become dependent on the international market to help make its movies succeed at the box office, it would be appear to be Sony.

rNSLDfs.png

Fbh897J.png

Amazing Spider-Man 2 is heavily succeeding due to the international market, though its Domestic box office is coming close to breaking $200 MM.

Was taking a look at the Fox X-Franchise. Internationally, these films have definitely been strong.

qK5bP8m.png

5Z20w2M.png

I wonder if that will influence Fox to focus more content on specific markets like Iron Man 3 did with China.

:news: CORRECTION :news:

Box Office Mojo just updated the 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' weekend numbers. It added another $14.7 MM this weekend, meaning it broke the $600 MM worldwide box office ceiling and achieved 3X budget.

:applause:

YIW3Y73.png

yVIyP9Q.png