• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

x-men 1, x-men 94, craigslist buy. What should I offer?

28 posts in this topic

So I'm meeting with a gentleman tomorrow in regards to buying his collection. What do you think would be an acceptable offer considering I'm trying to get a deal. IE, if you were in my shoes, what would your initial offer be?

Of course I'm going to try and feel him out, to see what he thinks It's all worth. But if he just wants an offer, what should i start out with?

Ill be looking to pick up the whole collection. If its out of my price range, Im definitely going to try for the x-men 1, and x-men 94, plus some spidey books.

Here are some pictures of the books. Thanks

00101_kpEQ9FYWrOm_600x450.jpg

00J0J_a1s2Vzhelyz_600x450.jpg

00S0S_e80aqByXqyV_600x450.jpg

Its never a bad idea to throw a lower offer at first, because he'll probably respond with a much higher offer, and then youll quickly figure out the ball park figure hes looking to get for the books.

Just make sure you know how much each book is worth in thier current condition before you go off the deep end. 2c

I would say 500 the lowest man, sme nice books in there.. If you do pay only 500 you can make double that on all those books.. Good Luck tho..

That's absurdly low.

Even a beat-to-*spoon* incomplete X-Men #1 is a $500 book just by itself.

I would say 500 the lowest man, sme nice books in there.. If you do pay only 500 you can make double that on all those books.. Good Luck tho..

That's absurdly low kkk.

Yea i didnt see that, that was my fault. Yeah i would say around couple grand..

That's absurdly low.

I agree. I'd end the negotiation there and then as the seller.

Odds are someone with those books, including a graded one, has some clue of the market value.

So I'm meeting with a gentleman tomorrow in regards to buying his collection. What do you think would be an acceptable offer considering I'm trying to get a deal. IE, if you were in my shoes, what would your initial offer be?

Of course I'm going to try and feel him out, to see what he thinks It's all worth. But if he just wants an offer, what should i start out with?

Ill be looking to pick up the whole collection. If its out of my price range, Im definitely going to try for the x-men 1, and x-men 94, plus some spidey books.

Here are some pictures of the books. Thanks

00101_kpEQ9FYWrOm_600x450.jpg

00J0J_a1s2Vzhelyz_600x450.jpg

00S0S_e80aqByXqyV_600x450.jpg

Use OSPG on those keys. Market value on keys are always higher than guide values, especially if you slab them. But pay 80-90 percent of guide. Then make an offer on the rest, try to get the rest for around $10-20 a book.