• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hawaii Comic & Toy Expo - Sunday, May 4, 2014 Ala Moana Hotel

21 posts in this topic

The promoters of this show are great people. I highly recommend this show if you have the chance to attend or exhibit.

Don't worry I won't miss this like I missed the Herb Trimpe sig opportunity couple months ago. :facepalm: Any plans on coming back to Hawaii Desertwind Comics?

The promoters of this show are great people. I highly recommend this show if you have the chance to attend or exhibit.

Don't worry I won't miss this like I missed the Herb Trimpe sig opportunity couple months ago. :facepalm: Any plans on coming back to Hawaii Desertwind Comics?

You flying us out? :angel: We would love to come back. :whistle:

You flying us out? :angel: We would love to come back. :whistle:

:gossip: I'll let people know you guys want to come back! :wishluck:

Hawaii Comic & Toy Expo

Forgot we had a place to post up events. :makepoint:

Sorry not connect to the event. All I know is what's on their website!

Thanks for posting! (thumbs u

Yes, I am organizing this event and it will be fun. Hawaii's own show for Toys and Comics so we can all geek out!

Hope all of you can attend!

Francisco

:news:

Guest and Artist

GUESTS

Check out the famous

PACIFIC OUTPOST OF THE 501 REGION

in all their Star Wars Regalia splendor

FROM 11AM - 1PM!

ARTIST

KANILA TRIPP is the comic artist for Midweek's "Chinatown Cop" and freelance artist for

companies including DC Comics, Image Comics, Harper Collins Publishers, and Mattel Toys.

Go to Kanila's website, xcelsiorart.com , to learn more about this "Local boy Does Good"!

KEVIN SANO, comic artist known for his Tokusatsu superhero renditions of such as

Kikaida and Kamen Raider , was recently featured in the Honolulu Star Advertiser for

his Tokusatsu take on these adorable Despicable Me minions. Switch On! 1-2-3! Visit Kevin's website, kevinesque.deviantart.com, and check out his wicked cool art!

SAM CAMPOS, Creator of Dragonfly and Pineapple Man

Info coming soon!

THEODORE LEE

Info coming soon!

To be honest I was disappointing with the event. Venue was very small, and there was only 2 vendors out of the twenty-some, whos primary focus was comics.

I feel like there is enough interest to get a major Con here in Hawaii. I don't see why it hasn't happened yet.

I do appreciate the effort, and enjoyed that one vendors table with the higher end CGC books.

The turnout and response was considered phenomenal for a first show, and especially by the overwhelmingly positive feedback and buzz received by attendees and participants. The show was initially planned only to be a very small, intimate event “for comic and toy collectors by comic and toy collectors.”

Despite having only a few pure comic dealers, as several local established comic dealers had to pull out last minute due to unforeseen circumstances, we were really pleased with the outcome, especially with major established local and cultural events (17th Islandwide Spring Crafts and Food Expo, 9th Annual Hawaii Book & Music Festival, Kodomo no Hi: Keiki Fun Fest) occurring the same day.

Mahalo to all for making our little show a success!

I was hoping to come out to Hawaii for this local event...

I can tell you with absolute certainty that a large scale COMIC CON will come to Hawaii real soon...

Jimmy S. Jay...

Thanks for krapping on my thread! I assume the show will be called the amazing Hawaii Comic Con!

The show wasn't bad for being 1st time event. No major issues with the event other than I wish there were more comic dealers. But if they pulled out unexpectedly, we can only hope they come next time and that there is a show for them to come out to. Other than that I picked up some key comics. Thanks loboagain for holding this event.

I was hoping to come out to Hawaii for this local event...

I can tell you with absolute certainty that a large scale COMIC CON will come to Hawaii real soon...

Jimmy S. Jay...

Thanks for krapping on my thread! I assume the show will be called the amazing Hawaii Comic Con!

or maybe Wizard World Hawaii ??? A small out of state promoter (like me :preach: ) would probably not do it due to the high costs of local hotels and the extra costs of flying in big name guests from the mainland. However a deep pocketed special event marketing company like Reed Exhibitions or Wizard World might be able to pull it off.

Nothing wrong with doing a smaller quarterly show. Especially in a area that has a big military community with lots of tourists form the Mainland and Asia.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that LoboAgain is right on the money in part of his statement...

But for krapping on the thread, definitely not the case- i sincerely tried to make it out to this show this past weekend, and hope to make it out for the next one. Local shows are great in that they bring the community together. There is definitely a hunger for a COMIC Con in Hawaii...