• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROSE CITY COMIC CON - SEPT. 20 & 21, 2014 (PORTLAND, OR)

24 posts in this topic

Hi:

Another con that looks promising is the Rose City Comic Con in Portland, OR in September 2014. Guests include:

- Matthew Clark

- Clayton Crain

- Matt Fraction

- Kelly Sue DeConnick

- Aaron Lopresti

- Kevin Maguire

- Tony Moore

- Dustin Nguyen

- More guests can be found at: http://rosecitycomiccon.com/special-guests/

They've added more peeps to this con:

- STEVE RUDE

- MIKE BARON

- MARC ANDREYKO

- KURT BUSIEK

- RANDY EMBERLIN

- More at: http://rosecitycomiccon.com/special-guests/

Celebs include:

- SEAN ASTIN

- MICHAEL WINSLOW

- WIL WHEATON

- WES STUDI

- TMNT 80s Cartoon Cast (4 Turtles & April O'Neil! Check in VOICE TALENT)

I will be setting up at this show.

Toast,

Will you be selling any Toon Tumblers or Marvel/DC magnets from your booth? What is your booth/table #?

Well, since Toast hasn't answered...

Comics Adventure will have hundreds of magnets of comic book covers of Marvel, DC, horror, crime, jungle, etc. at booth 933. Look for the A frame sandwich board covered with magnets as well as actual comics too.

I'm an infrequent poster here on the boards, but I still enjoy the get-togethers. This is my second year in Portland and I've only met a few of you.

Anyone interested in a board dinner Saturday night? Let me know and I can start to look for someplace.

I heard through the grapevine there's one in the works but I don't have any specifics.

I'm an infrequent poster here on the boards, but I still enjoy the get-togethers. This is my second year in Portland and I've only met a few of you.

Anyone interested in a board dinner Saturday night? Let me know and I can start to look for someplace.

I heard through the grapevine there's one in the works but I don't have any specifics.

Awww, I'm so out of touch. I'm up for dinner, so if one is being organized, post it.

There are certainly more local sellers at RCCC than WW due to cheaper tables.

I'm not sure what the buzz is this third year but it increased last year over the first year and the first year was pretty hopping (by Portland standards).

The only thing that could hurt is that weather is supposed to be in the 80's which is somewhat unusual this time of year though maybe people are getting tired of it as I know that I am. Bring on 40-50 degrees with a chill in the air. It's coming but not fast enough for me.

I'll have 50+ short boxes of .50ers, 30 short boxes of non-.50ers, 4 boxes of CGCs and hundreds of comic book cover magnets. I'm stoked about the show, I know that.

Stop by Comics Adventure booth 933 and say hi. I'm right across from Toast who's at booth 932.

Sorry for the delay in responding, I have not been on the boards much lately.

I was unsure about doing this show, but since I'm still out of work and need to pay bills, it looks like it is going to happen. My back is still giving me problems so I've haggled to get three or four people to show up and do my load in and load out for me, along with having relatives help me unload when I get home.

I will have the following:

* Comics, comics, comics: back issues, hot books, CGC books, and 50-cent books.

* Upcycle Comic Buttons

* Tons of Game of Thrones merch including pints, shots, figures, statues, and more.

* 'Toon Tumblers pint glasses and shots including SDCC Harley pints.

* Mugs, shot glasses, steins, Mega-Mega magnets and more!

Come see me and the horde I've hired to do my dirty work at booth 932. Come say hi and spend plenty! I might even have a Greggy free zone sale. :baiting: