• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In the CGC Registry: Should pedigree books get a point premium?

Should pedigree books get a premium in the registry?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Should pedigree books get a premium in the registry?

7 posts in this topic

Hi all!

I'm REALLY trying hard to get a point premium in the registry for those who collect pedigree books. Now...I know not all pedigree books are equal, but according to registry mods, an across the board bump is the only way a point premium can be added. So, it would be similar to the SS books. Regardless who signed the book, it is worth the same point premium. Similarly, it wouldn't matter what pedigree you owned, you would simply get a point premium for having books with a recognized lineage.

I, for one, love pedigree and the story behind them. To think they sat for many years in the hands of one owner and then found their way into my collection is amazing! Like most who appreciate pedigree, I usually have to pay a premium at checkout. Sometimes it's only a few bucks, but it can also be a 4 to 5 times multiplier. I think people who strive for these books should receive some recognition in the registry.

Please complete the poll below and then feel free to comment in a reply if you have more to add to the discussion!