• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FCBD Fundraiser for 6-month-old with leukemia - Levittown, PA

1 post in this topic

Free Comic Book Day Team Willa Fundraiser!

Saturday, May 3, from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Wade's Comic Madness

8750 New Falls Rd.

Levittown, Pennsylvania 19054

Fellow Collectors Society Boardies:

My LCS, Wade's Comic Madness in Levittown, PA, is running a special fundraiser at his shop during Free Comic Book Day on Saturday, May 3. ALL money raised will go to help a fellow customer and his family cover their 6-month-old daughter's medical bills.

Yesterday, I donated several high-grade CGC books for the auction. Wade will have lots of stuff available, and if you live in or will be in the area, I am asking that you stop by and participate in the auctions and raffles. If you don't live in the area but want to donate items for the auction or donate money to the cause, all the details are below.

Anything we can do to help will be greatly appreciated by the family.

You can get more information about Wade's event at https://www.facebook.com/comicmadness/events

And in case you don't have Facebook:

"TEAM" up with Wade's Comic Madness on Free Comic Book Day for a great cause!

Saturday, May 3rd is FCBD 2014! We'll have the usual awesome assortment of FREE COMICS and monster deals (details to be released soon), but the thing we want to spotlight is our TEAM WILLA FUNDRAISER:

Our longtime customer and friend Mike P. is going through a terrible situation as his 6-month-old daughter Willa has been diagnosed with leukemia. To assist with their mounting bills, on May 3rd we will be running Silent Auctions, a Bake Sale, raffling Prize Baskets, and selling "Team Willa" wristbands all day, with 100% of the proceeds going to the family.

***We are reaching out across the community to ask for donations of anything that we can include in the Auctions, Bake Sale, or Raffle Baskets -- even an item that gets a couple dollars means a couple more dollars that will be donated to the family! ***

If you are donating a basket that is made up and ready to go, it's okay to drop it off by Friday, May 2nd; and Bake Sale items are okay to bring in then or the day of the event. If you're donating loose items (which is fine!), please have them to us a few days early so they can be organized.

And if you know of any businesses that can pitch in, we'll be happy to hand out their cards or fliers and list them as a co-sponsor as well.

I can be contacted via messages here, at my email wade@comicmadness.com, or phone: 215-946-9381.

If you aren't local but would still like to give to the charity, there is also an online fundraiser; you can read more about Willa's story here:

https://www.booster.com/teamwilla

I don't mind begging on behalf of someone in need -- ***PLEASE*** spread the word and share with anybody who might be interested in helping!!

Some UPDATES for the event:

Get your best costume together for our "COSPLAY FOR CHARITY" Contest!

Entry fee is $5, all of which gets donated to the Team Willa Fundraiser; there will be tons of prizes, and the 1st Place winner will receive a $300 Gift Card to Wade's!!

We'll also have a Kids Costume Contest (no entry fee) during our Family Hours from 2pm-4pm, among other fun stuff for the little guys to do. The Cosplay and Kids contests will be professionally photographed by Steel Fox Studios!

And speaking of costumes, youngsters (or oldsters) can come in during those same hours to meet CAPTAIN AMERICA and SPIDER-MAN in person!!