• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calgary Comic And Entertainment Expo, April 16-19, 2015

287 posts in this topic

I'm from Canada and we don't have any local retailers that does cgc'ing for customers. Nor there is any authorized cgc member to authenticate a signature. But the Calgary expo is coming up and I want Stan lee to sign my eosv#2 raw copy. Do you think I can sell it afterwards? Just by curiosity I totally appreciate my eosv#2 and Stan lee.

But I think people will just think it's a fake signature and all. Since there's no COA or cgc authorized witnesses .

I just want to see how this works out and what buyers will see. If they see me posting that I want to sell a signed raw copy of eosv by Stan lee

Any can give me some advice? Any candian members here?

Two years ago when Stan Lee was at the Calgary Expo Desert Wind Comics was witnessing the signatures and sending the book to CGC for you - for a price natch. I checked their website to see if they would be in Calgary with Stan this year but their schedule only goes up to the beginning of April. You might want to email them and ask them if they will be there

http://www.desertwindcomics.com/

If CGC or an authorized witness like Desert Wind doesn't witness the signature as it's being signed it won't get the Signature Series label if submitted later.

Which makes me wonder if I should reconsider. What is Stan's signing schedule?

Saturday ... The only day Stan will be there for the signing.

The site shows Stan is there Fri-Sun. (shrug)

Which makes me wonder if I should reconsider. What is Stan's signing schedule?

Saturday ... The only day Stan will be there for the signing.

The site shows Stan is there Fri-Sun. (shrug)

Huh? Oh... l see, the site must had updated that. I got email about Stan Lee weeks ago that he'd be in for Saturday. Now he went for the weekend.

Gotcha.

My Wife is encouraging me to attend. I've only seen 2 posts for a witness here though. Is there any demand? I know I witnessed about 100 last year and I didn't ask around.

Gotcha.

My Wife is encouraging me to attend. I've only seen 2 posts for a witness here though. Is there any demand? I know I witnessed about 100 last year and I didn't ask around.

She just wants you out of the house.

Gotcha.

I'm sure more of local boardies here will come up once they know that. I got 3-4 books to sign.

Gotcha.

She just wants you out of the house.

Of course she does. How can she miss me if I don't go away?

To whom might bring their kids along for the tour in Calgary Expo...

Youth Four Day pass is sold out

Youth Saturday Only pass is sold out

I suspect the regular one day (Thursday, Friday and Sunday) will soon run out and be sold out.