• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Comic Trivia Game Oh-Fishy-Al Thread!

951 posts in this topic

Ok, so I'll give everyone a head's up.

We'll start with half an hour, 4:00-4:30 PDT, and see how it goes from there.

First poster to post the answer gets a point, regardless of how they got the answer. As soon as the correct answer is posted, I'll ask the next question. Questions are entirely my choice. Any disputes will be handled by a panel of judges (though I'll try to ask only very clearcut questions.) Eventually, participants will have to be on their toes.

There will be a prize. This week, it's a beat up copy of New Mutants Annual #5!

:acclaim:

Anybody want to keep score?

Here's a wind-up question:

What was the very first comic book to have a hologram on the cover?

So, for the purposes of this game:

"Appearance" means any appearance, no matter how small, that appears on the printed page of a comic book/graphic novel, in the context of the story, unless otherwise explicitly stated ("cameo", etc.)

Partial answers receive NO credit. Only full answers, with all parts correct, will be scored. If the question is "Who are Donald Duck's nephews", the correct answer is "Huey, Dewey, and Louie", not "Huey, Dewey and....man, I can't remember his name....Fred!"

Spelling does NOT count, unless it's not obvious.

"Batnam" is acceptable. "Bantam" is not, nor is "Bartman."