• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BLOB'S 10 th ANNIV SALE Batman 1, 79 (GA), Teen Titans 44, DC Presents 47,etc.

39 posts in this topic

OK, I should probably get my wife something nice for putting up with me all these years as our 10th is coming up..

Here's the deal...shipping is a flat $5 in the USA (will need to weigh the package for Canada and the U.K. and charge cost), but free (in the USA) for all total purchases of $50 or more. You can PM me an "I'll take it" at the stated price if you don't want others knowing your bizness and I go by whoever sends it first, whether thread or PM, but an "i"ll take it" in the thread trumps any PM offers below asking price (or any later offers via PM above my asking price...scouts honor)

Paypal is fine. If you need to pay by another method, let me know in advance.

Spend over $100 and I'll toss in a nice copy of Silver Surfer 34. Spend over $150 and I'll toss in a nice Batman 3 (New 52).

Anyway, here we go. Some of these are individuals, some of them are small groups.

SOLD: Man of Steel 18, 1st Print - $15 (possibly a 9.8)

SOLD: Batman Adventures 28 (9.4) and Harley Quinn 1 (9.0) - $25 for the set

SOLD: Batman 1 - New 52 (9.4) - $60

SOLD: Amazing Spiderman 606 and 607, 9.4 or better, $60 for the set

SOLD: DC Comics Presents 47 - 1st He-Man 9.4-9.6 - $45 (pulled off price sticker is on the bag, not the comic)

SOLD: Deadpool 54 (9.4 - 9.6 - top right corner is the bag, not the comic) and 55 (9.0) - $60 (the bag on the 55 is messed up, the comic doesn't have as many dings as that looks like, I can do another scan if you want without the bag)

SOLD: Tales of the Teen Titans 44 -8.5 - $35

SOLD: Nova 1 8.0-8.5 - $25 (reduced from $30)

SOLD: X-Factor 5 (9.6 or better) - $15

Marvel Preview Presents 11, 15 and 15 (early Star Lord appearances, average grade 8.5) - $35 - come on folks, these are awesome!

SOLD: Batman 79 (1950s) 2.0 - 2.5 - $50 (reduced from $55)

harley1_zpsa871f0fe.jpg

batadventures28_zps0c4d32ea.jpg

spiderman607_zps1fd213e6.jpg

spiderman606_zps45ad7435.jpg

presents47_zps8f5f9dcf.jpg

deadpool55_zpsb8c77d23.jpg

deadpool54_zpse432715e.jpg

surfer34_zpsca191e3c.jpg

titans44_zps03c0ce93.jpg

Deadpool 54 (9.4 - 9.6 - top right corner is the bag, not the comic) and 55 (9.0) - $60 (the bag on the 55 is messed up, the comic doesn't have as many dings as that looks like, I can do another scan if you want without the bag)

Nova 1 8.0-8.5 - $25 (reduced from $30)

:takeit:

yes, some more goodies going up tonight. unfortunately, the scanning software on my new laptop is horrible or i can't figure out how to use it, so I am still scanning things in via my 10 year old desk top, which takes 20+ minutes to boot up, so it's a project.

These "special days" add up financially over the year -- anniversary, birthday, valentines, mothers' day, christmas -- particularly when one has a spouse who has expectations about this stuff (this is the big drawback to ever having made a decent living, i stupidly conditioned her to nice presents and nice restaurants that I can no longer afford).

her response is "get a better job." my response is "I'm trying." her response is "not hard enough!"

(lest it appear as if my wife is at home eating bons bons while I slave away, she actually has a full time job as a researcher at one university where she is almost done wrapping up her doctorate, teaches part-time at another university and has a 2.5 hour daily commute... so exhaustion/irritation pretty much sums things up for her)

The moral of the story: do not think you can live comfortably in NYC with 2 kids unless you are making over $300,000, and even then you'll need to live in an outer borough. you need $500K for Manhattan.

Or, don't get married or have kids. And then you can take vacations to exotic places 4 or 5 times a year and go vineyard hopping whenever you feel like it like my kid brother living in Northern Cal does without a care in the world (other than that emptiness in his soul.. :-)