• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dawn of The Planet of the Apes Trailer

119 posts in this topic

I'm with Charleston Heston

It's funny how the apes live in peace but the big bad global warming humans are the bad guys. Hollywood is lame

Well, the last shot of the original doesn't make us out to be all that smart, either.

Saw the trailer just before the ASM movie.

This series has been above average and unexpectedly awesome.

Just goes to show that even when making remakes and sequels, it's possible to put out a good product if they want / know how to.

Considering how much money is being thrown at Sony's ASM franchise it's scary how they can't seem to make every Spider-man film an above average one.

Every POTA remake has been above average so far and I expect this one to be the same.

It's funny how the apes live in peace but the big bad global warming humans are the bad guys. Hollywood is lame

Take a look at the World today.

We are worse than some animals.

What has this film got to do with global warming?

I'm hoping they at least begin to explain how the humans eventually devolve into non speaking "animals" fit for pets.

I read the original book many years ago...anyone remember if the humans in the book were non speaking pets, or were they just enslaved, but still typical human intelligence?

The outbreak that is spreading throughout and killing humans could have as a side-effect loss of speech (or the cure). After many generations, the apes would just forget they ever had that capability.

That trailer is all kinds of awesome. Can't wait to go see it. They are bringing us old-timers back to theaters again!

Hell yeah! Can't wait to see it.

This looks freaking awesome like Godzilla!

(thumbs u

It's funny you say that; the two movies I'm looking forward to the most this summer are Godzilla and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. I thought the first Planet of the Apes movie in this series was the best movie the summer it came out.

Every POTA remake has been above average so far and I expect this one to be the same.

All one of them! Unless you are counting the Tim Burton movie too.

I'm a dork. Yes, all one of them.

Although I did like the Buron version as well. :)

To me the Burton version really captured that dry, 1960's feel that the originals had.

I like how they changed the first one completely, and are telling the story in a linear fashion without space and time travel. It was cool the first time around because the twist ending was new. We all know the ending and all know the Planet Of The Apes is Earth, so the twist ending wouldn't have the effect now it did then. No reason to replicate it. Can't wait for the second one.

This looks so freaking good! I fell in love with this franchise after watching Rise. Watched all of the older ones from the 60/70's, which used to creep me out, and love them. Good stuff...

which used to creep me out
lol

I only saw the first one as a kid, but saw it over and over. Years ago I bought the DVD boxset. They got cheesy but they were all fun and I watched them multiple times.