• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dawn of The Planet of the Apes Trailer

119 posts in this topic

That scene in the final trailer has further details.

It looks like a great movie that I will enjoy, but I don`t see it doing big box office for the simple fact it doesn`t seem like a feel good movie.

I don`t expect many families will go to this like say the new TMNT reboot or Guardians of the Galaxy.

It looks like it will be epic, but will people go see it?

I keep thinking how great the Judge Dredd reboot was, but not many people went to see it.

Your thoughts?

First Reactions: Critics Go Bananas For DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES

• DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES is absolutely awesome, incredibly smart and has a truly APES-worthy ending.

• I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell you "Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes" is awesome. I should find out.

• We can talks apes now? Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is my favorite movie this summer. Great, great film - can't wait to see it again.

• DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES is a true cinematic masterpiece disguised as a summer blockbuster. I could not have been more impressed.

:whee:

I keep thinking how great the Judge Dredd reboot was, but not many people went to see it.

Dredd came out of left field for me as well. Maybe thoughts of Sly Stallone's version kept me from shelling out the $$$ to see this on the big screen. When i finally got around to it as a DVD rental...thought it was very good!

Would've been that much better without the forced 3D action/scenes.

I think there will be a strong audience for Apes though. Only because they have a built-in audience from previous movies. I believe "Rise" had a strong box office. Plus, it was good movie. This will start out strong at the very least...even with bad reviews.

Dredd came out of left field for me as well. Maybe thoughts of Sly Stallone's version kept me from shelling out the $$$ to see this on the big screen. When i finally got around to it as a DVD rental...thought it was very good!

That's where it surprised a lot of people. And the sales figures proved that out.

Dredd disc sales (2/3/13 to 2/3/13)

Domestic DVD Sales: $10,587,627

Domestic Blu-ray Sales: $7,301,625

That's a lot of of discs sold in such a short period of time for a movie that flopped at the box office.

• DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES is absolutely awesome, incredibly smart and has a truly APES-worthy ending.

• I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell you "Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes" is awesome. I should find out.

• We can talks apes now? Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is my favorite movie this summer. Great, great film - can't wait to see it again.

• DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES is a true cinematic masterpiece disguised as a summer blockbuster. I could not have been more impressed.

I only go to the theater a couple times a year but I'm going to see this (thumbs u

I only go to the theater a couple times a year but I'm going to see this (thumbs u

I hear ya!

This is sounding very solid.

A few of my friends say they rather go see Dawn of The Planet of the Apes then see Transformers Age of Extinction.

Interesting. Maybe the box office will be better then I expected?

hm

As very good as Planet of the Apes looks, Transformers is a tough one to beat.

A few of my friends say they rather go see Dawn of The Planet of the Apes then see Transformers Age of Extinction.

Interesting. Maybe the box office will be better then I expected?

hm

As very good as Planet of the Apes looks, Transformers is a tough one to beat.

I doubt it's going to beat Transformers, but I also doubt Transformers will be a better movie. The way of the world.