• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dawn of The Planet of the Apes Trailer

119 posts in this topic

EXCLUSIVE: Talking With The Cast of 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes'

I was able to not only interview but also watch a special presentation by Terry Notary, who plays one of the apes in the film but is also the person who trains the actors how to move like an ape! His skill level made his adaptation of an ape seem so innate. Terry is such a talented and skilled trainer that it is truly hard to believe that all of the apes in the film are played by actors.

The most advanced CGi once again brings Andy Serkis, who plays the iconic Caesar, back to life. This time however by he is able to speak more than ever before. After ten years Apes have evolved even more so we see how much they resemble humans.

:whee:

This does look amazing!

DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Earns $4.1M At Late Thursday Showings

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes has been released in both North America and a handful of other international locations today (though it doesn't hit many of the latter until the World Cup concludes later this month), and it kicked off its run with late Thursday evening and midnight showings domestically last night. There, the Matt Reeves helmed sequel earned an impressive $4.1 million and prerelease tracking indicated that the critically acclaimed sequel could earn upwards of $60 million this weekend.

Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes After The Credits Spoiler

If anything, be aware of it. But if you must know....

In regards to if Dawn of the Planet of the Apes has a stinger after the credits, the question is somewhat up for debate. There is not what one would probably label a traditional after the credits scene in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, but there is something. After the credits finish, there is some muffled audio of ape sounds, possibly an ape shifting through rubble and gasping for air.

Near the end of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Caesar lets Koba fall to his death. The sounds of an ape gasping for air and moving rubble could be an indication that Koba actually survived the fall.

Serkis Comes To Town! DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Opens Big!

A few weeks ago, Variety reported that 20th Century Fox's Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was on track for a $68M opening weekend and based on these latest figures it appears those numbers were accurate. It pulled in $26M to $27M on Friday, which puts it on pace for a $68M to $70M 3-day weekend. For comparison: the 2011 film, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, opened with $54.8M.

Saw yesterday...it was pretty awesome. Best Apes movie ever.

Really? Even better then the original Heston one or Rise of the Planet of the Apes?

Why I ask is because this would be one of the rare times that a sequel is better then the originals.

Universally this being praised at not only one of the best sci-fi movies of the year, but also best movie of the year period. :)

I plan to see it. I am sure if I liked ASM 2 and Transformers: Age of Extinction I will like this. (thumbs u

Really? Even better then the original Heston one or Rise of the Planet of the Apes?

Well, it's a bold statement to say it's a better film than the original, but I liked it better. The apes are so damn cool and realistic; you forget you are watching CGI. You sympathize w/the apes while being terrified by them. I am a huge fan of the entire series and this movie is a real treat.

I saw this film last night. I went into it with zero expectations although I have heard several positive reviews.

I did enjoy the movie. I have minimal to gripe about other than I found the film to be very predictable.

Well, it's a bold statement to say it's a better film than the original, but I liked it better. The apes are so damn cool and realistic; you forget you are watching CGI. You sympathize w/the apes while being terrified by them. I am a huge fan of the entire series and this movie is a real treat.

:whee: