• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dawn of The Planet of the Apes Trailer

119 posts in this topic

And an outstanding villain was developed and

died, unfortunately.

what makes it remarkable, was it didn't require a human to act the part.

There is a very brief audio teaser at the end of the credits where you hear apes in the distance w/heavy, labored breathing over top. It has been suggested that Koba may have survived the fall.

I actually sat through the end, thinking there was an end scene after briefly scanning the forum. doh! That had to have been the longest credits scene ever. I didn't get that feeling though.

Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes After The Credits Spoiler

If anything, be aware of it. But if you must know....

In regards to if Dawn of the Planet of the Apes has a stinger after the credits, the question is somewhat up for debate. There is not what one would probably label a traditional after the credits scene in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, but there is something. After the credits finish, there is some muffled audio of ape sounds, possibly an ape shifting through rubble and gasping for air.

Near the end of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Caesar lets Koba fall to his death. The sounds of an ape gasping for air and moving rubble could be an indication that Koba actually survived the fall.

FYI

BOX OFFICE: DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Reaches $500M, Beats RISE For Highest Grossing APES Of All Time

---------------------

The latest film in the Planet of the Apes franchise, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes has been in theaters for a while now and it is one of the best-reviewed films of the year. Thanks to Box Office Mojo's update today, 20th Century Fox's Dawn of the Planet of the Apes has currently grossed over $500 million globally. At the time of writing this, the film has grossed $197,834,000 domestically and $306,100,000 internationally for a global gross of $503,934,000.

---------------------

:applause:

Watched it last night. It was well done, but didn't enthrall me like the first one did. It wasn't bad, though I won't be rewatching it...and Rise I've watched a few times already and still enjoy it. I guess Dawn is a good segue.

You will love it Nick... great movie ! :D

Looking forward to it. I guess after taking the family to the outdoor zoo today, we're all ready to go for this movie.

(:

still haven't seen the first one

It was really good. But reviews say this is even better.

:wishluck:

Watching this tonight, after all this time.

:whee:

The effects didn't grab me at first. But, the acting was so top notch it finally meshed together perfectly after fifteen minutes.

I really enjoyed it and would bump it up to my 2nd favorite "Apes" movie, knocking "Rise" down to number #3.

The effects didn't grab me at first. But, the acting was so top notch it finally meshed together perfectly after fifteen minutes.

I really enjoyed it and would bump it up to my 2nd favorite "Apes" movie, knocking "Rise" down to number #3.

There are definitely spots in the movie - like the bear attack early on - where the VFX is not that powerful. But you are so right, the acting is fantastic.

My wife and I both liked this movie.

There are definitely spots in the movie - like the bear attack early on - where the VFX is not that powerful. But you are so right, the acting is fantastic.

My wife and I both liked this movie.

Here's an effects dominated movie last summer that was about something, not some rehash cash grab. What a powerful ending. I grew up during the original Apes mania and was never interested in the series, even the cheese factor of if the American Werewolf of London was in the TV series, but now I can't wait until the next installment.

Like Star Trek, I approve of these kind of reboots. :)

:o

I thought the same thing. It was like hanging out on a warm summer night while everyone enjoys the city, versus being concerned the city is being overwhelmed by the ape army.

:ohnoez:

It really took me out of the movie. It became less of a dangerous situation and slightly hurt the opening action of the rescue climax. Surprised, test audiences didn't want them to take the scissors to it (what happened to Gary Oldman? lol ). But, there's way too many positives, to really complain too much about it.