• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about letting "internationals" decide if shipping is too much?

235 posts in this topic

Purely anecdotal, but last year I shipped a Priority envelope to Italy for work and it took several weeks.

My cousin's sister's boyfriend's uncle once shipped 5 packages to the U.S., and when he got home from the post office, his house exploded.

:baiting:

Purely anecdotal, but last year I shipped a Priority envelope to Italy for work and it took several weeks.

My cousin's sister's boyfriend's uncle once shipped 5 packages to the U.S., and when he got home from the post office, his house exploded.

I had a book shipped within the US.

USPS redirected the book and it went to Australia by mistake. How do I know?

Because when the box arrived back in North America there was a red sticker on the box that said "Shipped to Australia by mistake".

lol

Because when the box arrived back in North America there was a red sticker on the box that said "Shipped to Australia by mistake".

lol

Well...at least it went to a Commonwealth country....

:whee:

lol

:roflmao:

P.S. Hulkdaddy, why did you say Italy is a "black hole": in 20+ years I had packages lost just very few times (and those times they weren’t tracked).

At least 10% of the time shipping to Italy or Spain, there was some kind of problem. Usually, it was just that your postal workers just decided not to deliver it, so the buyer had to go to the post office and pick it up. However, the lost packages were higher for those two countries that anywhere else I've shipped to.

YMMV

P.S. Hulkdaddy, why did you say Italy is a "black hole": in 20+ years I had packages lost just very few times (and those times they werent tracked).

I've been scammed in a significant way in this hobby three times; all three times, the scam was perpetrated by sellers based in the USA. How silly would it sound for me to generalize the entire country on that basis? Pretty silly.

Italy is a well known shipping black hole.

Not quite as bad as, say, Kazakhstan...but definitely deserving of the reputation as near the top of European dead zones for packages.

It's not the country, so much as their postal system.

I wonder how much of that is reality vs perception.

Where did the "perception" start?

P.S. Hulkdaddy, why did you say Italy is a "black hole": in 20+ years I had packages lost just very few times (and those times they werent tracked).

I've been scammed in a significant way in this hobby three times; all three times, the scam was perpetrated by sellers based in the USA. How silly would it sound for me to generalize the entire country on that basis? Pretty silly.

Not quite as bad as, say, Kazakhstan...but definitely deserving of the reputation as near the top of European dead zones for packages.

I'm not doubting that there's some basis for the concern; I'm just wondering about the degree. Misconceptions have origins too.

I'm not doubting that there's some basis for the concern; I'm just wondering about the degree. Misconceptions have origins too.

Tru dat.

My perception comes from my experience.

Hows this for a crazy idea.

Why not let the seller sell to whomever he wants to sell to. If I chose not to sell to people in foreign countries, that's my call.

Here's a crazier thought; actually read through a discussion before interjecting.

The sole best reason why we should invade canada and make them a territory is just so that we may have free intra-national commerce.

meh

Wanna see the rest of the world take action against the US?

Invade Canada.

The sole best reason why we should invade canada and make them a territory is just so that we may have free intra-national commerce.

meh

Invade Canada.

Rrrrrrrrright.

meh

Invade Canada.

Rrrrrrrrright.

You're right.

Like they need another reason. :baiting:

meh

Invade Canada.

Rrrrrrrrright.

Geo-political think-tank right here.

meh

Invade Canada.

To get back our comics? :grin: