• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll: Should a 10.0 be called Pristine or Gem Mint?

Gem Mint vs Pristine Mint  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Gem Mint vs Pristine Mint

69 posts in this topic

but you jumped the gun---Geppis got to buy CGC first!

Oh no no no no no no no no no! Show me a CGC that says EITHER Gem Mint OR Pristine Mint and I shall concede your complaint. Otherwise, you owe me BIG TIME for calling me out in public like this with the sole intent of humiliating me (I weep for my lot - brothers and sisters - does ANYONE feel my pain?) in front of all of my friends - err - associates - errr - acquaintances - well - in front of PEOPLE!

Oh no no no no no no no no no! Show me a CGC that says EITHER Gem Mint OR Pristine Mint and I shall concede your complaint. Otherwise, you owe me BIG TIME for calling me out in public like this with the sole intent of humiliating me (I weep for my lot - brothers and sisters - does ANYONE feel my pain?) in front of all of my friends - err - associates - errr - acquaintances - well - in front of PEOPLE!

what'd I do? I don t get it...help confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

what'd I do? I don t get it...help

OK - I may be wrong here but I am of the opinion ve Steve Geppi has a relationship of some sort with Gemstone and Overstreet. If I am wrong I will freely and publicly relinquich my opinion.

Also, as I understand the current market, Steve Geppi and Gemstone have no business affiliation with CGC.

I still have no clue what you meant! Sorry

OK - I was being rather obtuse - thought you might get it but also no harm nor foul if you didn't 'cause it really WAS obtuse (sometimes my jokes etc are like this - attribute it to a sick mind).

CGC has not used either Gem nor Pristine in their definition of MINT. Just plain old Mint.

Now I believe Geppi is associated with Gemstone so the idea of "Gem Mint" (an already used term) instantly came to mind. (and an easy stretch to "Gemstone Mint"). So my "no no no" about Geppi having to BUY CGC first was a reflection on Geppi's business sense that would say to him "don't rock the boat" - don't change the terminology - cause if I DO then all manner of corrections may have to be made."

As far as my "I weep for my lot - brothers and sisters - does ANYONE feel my pain?" diatribe - that was just humor and meant to show that what I was syaing was actually in jest but with a hint of truth to it.

But after hearing this explanaiton of myself - damn! I better lay off the cooking wine - but I can't because I never drink or use it! (cooking wine has, for starters, too much salt. And is the lowest grade wine-junk on the market - and using what equates to twenty-five cents worth of "cooking wine" can ruin a $15/pound cut of meat!)

Anyway - I AM sorry if you thought I was really harassing you. Wasn;t. Just a twisted mind at work - after all - my specialty IS precode horror.

Anyway - I AM sorry if you thought I was really harassing you. Wasn;t. Just a twisted mind at work - after all - my specialty IS precode horror.

no no no no no no ---I didnt think you were harassing me.

I just didnt see how your answer followed my comment.

I thought Gemstone Mint was brilliant...ESPECIALLY cause someday (soon?) Geppi WILL buy CGC (as rumored) just as he has stepped in to buy Overstreet, etc. And it wont even be considered a conflict of interest since hes such a sweetheart guy. Nobody complains about the number one collector OWNING the Price Guide anymore right? But it sure looked like it could get messy at the time.....

And when he does buy CGC to save the industry from collapsing when the pre-eminent grading company flirts with insolvency (someday)--the top grade just might become "GEMSTONE MINT!"...and you said it first!

way to go!

I still don tget the whole weeping brothers etc part.

but, uh, please DONT explain further...

.and pass the cooking sherry!

smirk.gifsmirk.gifsmirk.gifsmirk.gif

Not sure if you guys have heard or not...but Borock said CGC would start using "Gem Mint" in the near future. Maybe that'll start whenever that new label design they announced goes into effect.

...It should be called NON-EXISTANT. In theorey, a '10.0' is a concept, in practice, it does NOT exist, especially if we're talking about a paper product with the size and components of a comic.

I totally agree.