• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,573 posts in this topic

On 5/18/2023 at 4:31 PM, media_junkie said:

I really enjoyed the first few seasons, I think I checked out after season 5 though.

Longer than me.  I made it to season 3 I believe.  The CW finds ways to ruin the heck out of these shows. I remember I enjoyed Arrow season 1 and 2 and hated season 3.

I made it to Flash season 5, and Arrow season 6 before I just asked myself ''why am I doing this? When is the last time I enjoyed watching these?" I stopped watching then and there, and now I just own Arrow S1 and 2 on bluray, which I consider to be quality viewing. I've also got Legends Of Tomorrow seasons 1 and 2, because they were cheap, and I did enjoy the show. It was a guilty pleasure. 

As I wait to get home to watch the final episode - in desperation for a great show ending - Bruce Banner is screaming inside my head "I know you like making your entrance at the last second, well, this is it, man. This is the last *last* second!"

On 5/26/2023 at 11:39 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Series finale spoiler alert:

It sucked.

Even though I checked out after season 5ish I was thinking about catching the series finale because well why not.  After this coming from you (who stuck with it pretty much the whole way through ups and downs) I'll probably pass on it.

On 5/26/2023 at 5:33 PM, media_junkie said:

Even though I checked out after season 5ish I was thinking about catching the series finale because well why not.  After this coming from you (who stuck with it pretty much the whole way through ups and downs) I'll probably pass on it.

Yeah, it’s really too bad. It’s full of missed opportunities and totally unexplained powers (people can fly who never had that ability before this episode, etc), the biggest bad guys from the first few seasons who make an appearance are wiped out with one shot by the heroes. And 25% of the episode is dedicated to Iris giving birth, and additionally the last 10 minutes for the baby shower. It’s really a let down and I loooooved this show.

If there was any doubt, Netflix's viewership data proves just how popular the shows of the Arrowverse still are. It should come as little surprise that The Flash and Arrow top the franchise's charts for continued interest, but it's also encouraging to see the bottom two - Black Lightning and Legends of Tomorrow - pulling very respectable numbers. Despite highs and lows, DC's impressive small-screen shared universe has remained culturally significant and of interest.

Breaking down the data even further reveals which particular seasons of Arrowverse shows have resonated the most.

Unsurprisingly, The Flash season 1 takes the top spot, which makes sense as viewers are more likely to start from the beginning of the show than jump in elsewhere. Within The Flash, that trend continues, with season 2 being next popular. However, season 8 jumps up after that, surpassing The Flash seasons 3-7, perhaps as audiences freshened up before the climactic season 9. Regardless, the news should be validating for fans of the Arrowverse as the the brand clearly still has legs.

Edited by Bosco685