• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,573 posts in this topic

If anyone has seen X-Men film, Days of Future Past - and if so what did you think about how they portrayed Quicksilver in the scene where he swings into action and saves Magneto from bullets and disarms the shooters?

I think they did an excellent job portraying a person moving at super speed and how everything else in the room looks like it's in slow-motion.

They did a very cool job on this scene!

I hope DC is watching. :eek:

yeah i think that was one of the best scenes in the movie just like how the white house scene in X2 was.

i think both DC and Marvel were watching to see how FOX/Singer handle superspeed.

I liked it. He really nailed what this power can do.

If anyone has seen X-Men film, Days of Future Past - and if so what did you think about how they portrayed Quicksilver in the scene where he swings into action and saves Magneto from bullets and disarms the shooters?

I think they did an excellent job portraying a person moving at super speed and how everything else in the room looks like it's in slow-motion.

yeah i think that was one of the best scenes in the movie just like how the white house scene in X2 was.

i think both DC and Marvel were watching to see how FOX/Singer handle superspeed.

yeah i think superspeed is the hardest power to show on screen in movies or shows. i can't wait to see how CW/DC handles the flash over all and the same goes for Age of Ultron.

yeah i think superspeed is the hardest power to show on screen in movies or shows. i can't wait to see how CW/DC handles the flash over all and the same goes for Age of Ultron.

By showing it all unfold in slow-motion, was a great way to deal with it, as opposed to having sped-up footage of an actor running from point to point - that ALWAYS looks goofy.

John Wesley Shipp play Barry Allen dad

ku0M0q4.jpg

“Given his history with The Flash, [executive producers] Andrew [Kreisberg], Geoff [Johns] and I could only think of one person we wanted to play Barry’s father and that was John Wesley Shipp. He gives a fantastic and emotional performance in the pilot and we are looking forward to his presence in many more episodes. Also, personally, it was just wonderful to work with him again since my days at Dawson’s Creek. He’s a great actor and a great guy.”

THE FLASH Director David Nutter On Comics Inspiartion And Casting Grant Gustin

With pilots for Smallville, Arrow and The Flash under his belt, Nutter revealed he 'enjoys the hero genre more than anything else', adding: 'I enjoy origin stories. I enjoy doing stories about people who learn what they are capable of. I enjoy telling stories where people have to do what they do and it's not really a choice, it's basically something they are drawn to. It's not a life choice, but something they are compelled to do, and something that can sometimes be life and death. I love those life choices and I love the stakes that it involves'.

First Reaction to The Flash

So, I think it's fair to call that an overwhelmingly positive response, and certainly a lot better than the initial reaction to Arrow! Gotham was recently screened in Los Angeles, and The Hollywood Reporter reveals that it is the series said to have gained the most buzz with buyers from overseas. Sarah Wright, head of acquisitions for BSkyB (meaning that the series will likely air on Sky One of Sky Atlantic in the UK) is quoted as describing it as, "A smart origins story, beautifully produced with a strong cast." Which of these new DC TV shows are you guys most looking forward to?

I guess we should all feel a little relieved that it appears to be on the right track.

I wish they'd give us a look over the summer instead of having to wait until fall. :cry:

I guess we should all feel a little relieved that it appears to be on the right track.

I wish they'd give us a look over the summer instead of having to wait until fall. :cry:

feel you i think their's money to be made over the summer but they think everyone goes on vacation during the summer.