• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst G.A. Villain?

11 posts in this topic

I was just looking over some G.A. Cap books online and saw a couple of covers with one of the worst Villains in the Cap books, I believe.. Anyways, as a change of pace post your least fav or worst G.A. villain. Mine is "the Parrot" mostly b/c he's just some dork with a long nose and really stupid schemes always involving a "parrot" theme. Very very lame.

Brian

One of the most disappointing GA villains for me is "the Fool," a villain of the Golden Age Green Lantern. He's basically a Joker wannabe without the ghoulishness, menace, or sense of style. But what makes this so disappointing is that anyone like me who wants to collect all of Alex Toth's dozen-or-so Green Lantern stories will have to get 3 or 4 featuring this loser. Great art for the period, poor stories.

Z.

Mr. Mind. He was a super-intelligent green caterpillar who spoke via a tiny radio he wore around his "neck." How he got into so much trouble with no hands, I have no idea.

He was interesting and had some personality, though, so I don't know that I'd put him in the "lamest" category. "Least plausible" maybe...

Yes, Mr. Mind. Lame, but in a really cute, cheesy way, totally in keeping with the tone of the entire (Capt.) Marvel "Universe" of the Fawcett era.

BTW: This would be a good Silver Age thread, too. My nominees would be: any early Daredevil villain. (The Owl? Stilt-Man? The Jester? Are you kiddin' me?)

I agree. *Intentionally* lame, if that makes any sense.

Got the Monster Society of Evil hardback several years ago. Though I already knew the story, I can imagine how the kids in the 1940s wondered about this mysterious force powerful enough to bring together the Monster Society (Sivanna, Capt. Nazi, Ibac, others?). The serial was long, lasting over a year. About halfway in, Capt. Marvel brushes away this "bug" off this shoulder, and the next issue that bug is revealed as the mysterious Mr. Mind...

A true Golden Age moment!

Cheers,

Z.