• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,586 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2021 at 11:28 PM, Mijael.Levy said:

Its from Ebay of course these bad buyers come from Ebay. I want him to open a case Since its in customs Ebay will give me more time and when it gets released they will close the case and i hope they will not allow him to open a new case because of the "ruined books" . If the package gets released by customs before he opens a case i will be in trouble because what he really wants is a return and he will damage my books

In order to return the item eBay won’t refund it until you receive it in like condition. If it’s in any condition different contact their support I have had this as well. You have 2 options one being you keep the item and say well it’s now worth this per comparable sand I also want my shipping fees back and they deduct all that from the money before issuing their return. Or it’s ruined as silly as this sounds you submit a fraud with a local sherif and get a case number etc. Doesn’t matter it’s out of country. eBay will want their copy then issue you all the money ban the buyer and the next time the buyer tries to visit the US they get arrested for the fraud case. Trust me it’s a lot of work but the thought of some clown trying to go on holiday after trying to rip you off spending a day in a cell and extradited home is kinda funny.

On 8/2/2021 at 10:26 AM, oatcrunch said:

As far as I know I haven't been blocked by anyone, but this makes me wonder if it's an inevitably. I frequently request more information/pics about the book I'm interested and would probably ask for more pics of a case if I felt the pictures available were inadequate.

Is that really considered a red flag by sellers? I've never returned an item and have only sent one message noting that a book was poorly secured, so I don't think my additional questions are indicative of how much of a pain in the I am. Is that the impression I'm giving though? Thoughts?

As a collectibles dealer who uses eBay as a key sales channel (fully integrated with my online store), I've decided to take requests like these at face value and don't hesitate on providing the info buyer requests for. I think that's good customer service. It also helps to establish credibility. I just don't see the benefit of speculating on buyer's intentions. 

On 8/6/2021 at 8:26 AM, Junkdrawer said:

You have to remember we are selling comic books not the slab. The book inside is what is being sold. Third party grading was born after eBay as a solution to buyers and sellers disputing over opinions that would lead to a dead deal. A scratch or defect in the plastic slab doesn’t necessarily change the grade. The fact that some make it a point to grade the slab above and beyond what’s actually being sold is pathetic. In fact you can easily find fault in any CGC slab. Some will ask for partial refunds as mentioned above simply due to a blemish and I’m sure it’s part of their playbook and I’m guessing many sellers cave in and pay the ransom to move on. Also as I’m sure you are aware, taking pics of a slabbed book can be challenging at times due to glare and reflections. It’s hard to tell if it’s a defect on the book or the slab. I get slabs right out the box from CGC, sure I could $hip it back and add to the time, but I’m usually wanting to keep the wheels of progress in motion. So yes when I see a message like the one I got, i much rather not get involved. Now if he never contacted me but later had an issue, I have my account set up automatically take the returns no questions asked. 

I'm not trying to be argumentative for the sake of it - I'm really interested in other's thoughts...when a seller lists a certified graded comic book on eBay, isn't that seller in fact selling the book AND the slab? To me the answer is an obvious yes. And therefore, I think the buyer requesting information about slab condition is fair game. You can call it pathetic or what you will but it's a relevant request. Plus as a seller, if you then respond with accurate detail of the item ( I favor written description over images) that eBay can reference in the event of a dispute, then what's the worry?

On 8/12/2021 at 2:35 AM, ComicsAndCode said:

As a collectibles dealer who uses eBay as a key sales channel (fully integrated with my online store), I've decided to take requests like these at face value and don't hesitate on providing the info buyer requests for. I think that's good customer service. It also helps to establish credibility. I just don't see the benefit of speculating on buyer's intentions. 

I've made some bigger sales to buyers who kept asking questions, even ones that seemed redundant. I figure they're a little nervous about buying a book for a couple of grand over the internet, even with ebay's protections, and just want to reassure themselves that they aren't missing something. 

I personally, unless it’s a glaring defect like a post broke or a large scratch/scuff on the shell center cover area won’t mention small scuff stuff to a case. Reason being is 80% the books shipped back from CGC have small scuffs anymore so outside of making it hard to display with a scuff what’s the point?
If in shipping a post breaks due to mishandling or something like that I wouldn’t have a problem refunding the buyer the reshell price for CGC. But if they want to return it for a scuff obviously eBay favors the sellers. I just contact eBay about the return being identical to purchase and the buyer had buyers remorse (eBay rule term must be said)and eBay flags them refunds me shipping in the form of eBay credit and I block the buyer.

It’s a hassle but it’s the work around to where buyers can’t hose us on shipping of cold feet purchases.

Also if you don’t offer returns then any negative left about a return can be removed from your feedback under eBay rules since it’s not something you do but are forced to under buyer protections. Let’s be honest as a Topseller with a dumb medal next to my name I don’t think many people even care about returns on comics unless they plan on doing a return for bogus reasons anyways. So why even offer it? 

Ok heres a new one.   Add  2br_not2b.yourself  & his brand brand new ID me.myself.i4ever

He won one of my auctions,  EBAY flagged it canceled the transaction.   I missed that email and went to ship it.   He sent a crazy email about how I have to ship out the package immediately (it was packed the day after the auction waiting for UPS pickup)

I Called Ebay only because I noticed they had removed the listing.  EBAY said it was canceled due to his fraudulent activity and his money would be refunded.  I ran and grabbed the package before it was picked up. 

Since this morning the guy has sent 6 more messages calling ME a fraud.   :screwy:

Add that loon to your Blocked list. 

Edited by devilsrain
Bold

And the new IDs and threats continue.  Add this one as well. 
30D4BB70-631D-4220-92F9-20CCD012BB7D.jpeg.af25ab94a9618553c9143365c0258e10.jpeg

On 8/17/2021 at 1:32 PM, devilsrain said:

Ok heres a new one.   Add  2br_not2b.yourself  & his brand brand new ID me.myself.i4ever

He won one of my auctions,  EBAY flagged it canceled the transaction.   I missed that email and went to ship it.   He sent a crazy email about how I have to ship out the package immediately (it was packed the day after the auction waiting for UPS pickup)

I Called Ebay only because I noticed they had removed the listing.  EBAY said it was canceled due to his fraudulent activity and his money would be refunded.  I ran and grabbed the package before it was picked up. 

Since this morning the guy has sent 6 more messages calling ME a fraud.   :screwy:

Add that loon to your Blocked list. 

On 8/12/2021 at 3:13 AM, ComicsAndCode said:

I'm not trying to be argumentative for the sake of it - I'm really interested in other's thoughts...when a seller lists a certified graded comic book on eBay, isn't that seller in fact selling the book AND the slab? To me the answer is an obvious yes. And therefore, I think the buyer requesting information about slab condition is fair game. You can call it pathetic or what you will but it's a relevant request. Plus as a seller, if you then respond with accurate detail of the item ( I favor written description over images) that eBay can reference in the event of a dispute, then what's the worry?

I am fine with a one sentence request asking the condition of the slab (even though all my auctions clearly states the slab is band new), but if you write me a paragraph asking me basically 4-5 questions about the slab then that person is clearly a OCD annoying person and they get blocked automatically.  I don't have time to deal with those kind of people. 

On 8/16/2021 at 3:29 AM, Smushi said:

I personally, unless it’s a glaring defect like a post broke or a large scratch/scuff on the shell center cover area won’t mention small scuff stuff to a case. Reason being is 80% the books shipped back from CGC have small scuffs anymore so outside of making it hard to display with a scuff what’s the point?
If in shipping a post breaks due to mishandling or something like that I wouldn’t have a problem refunding the buyer the reshell price for CGC. But if they want to return it for a scuff obviously eBay favors the sellers. I just contact eBay about the return being identical to purchase and the buyer had buyers remorse (eBay rule term must be said)and eBay flags them refunds me shipping in the form of eBay credit and I block the buyer.

It’s a hassle but it’s the work around to where buyers can’t hose us on shipping of cold feet purchases.

Also if you don’t offer returns then any negative left about a return can be removed from your feedback under eBay rules since it’s not something you do but are forced to under buyer protections. Let’s be honest as a Topseller with a dumb medal next to my name I don’t think many people even care about returns on comics unless they plan on doing a return for bogus reasons anyways. So why even offer it? 

I offer the 14-day return on Raw books because (even though it has only happened once) I understand a buyer may not agree with my grading, and I want anyone to feel confident in bidding, which IMO leads to more bids in general.

I offer the 14-day-day return on CGC books just because I know eBay will make me take it back either way, so why bother.  

Any eBay buyer that returns something from buyers remorse or any other unjustified means with CGC books I just accept the return and block them after.  I have legitimate returns and those eBay buyers do not get blocked.  Best legitimate example the CGC case cracked in shipping, that obviously is a legitimate return or partial refund situation.

Side-note, when dealing with a CGC return try asking questions to the eBay buyer that will prove its a buyer remorse return, and eBay will not make you pay for the return shipping when contacting them about the buyer's own admission via eBay messaging.  Example asking, "So you received the item undamaged correct? You just want to return it because you aren't happy with it correct?  

At the end of the day my goal is to get my return CGC or raw book back in one piece from the buyer so I can just resell it to a real customer, and not have them do anything shady to my property.  So if I have bite the bullet and pay for the return shipping it's a small casualty of the day, but I winning the overall long-term war.  

Again most eBay buyers are good people, and as long as you treat them with respect they will as well in terms of returns.  Selling about 100-200 auctions per month I probably get a max of 10 returns per year. Half are legit and half are future accounts that get blocked.  Thats a number I can live with.  

Just my opinion 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 8/18/2021 at 9:10 PM, Bighaley21 said:

Sold a 9.2 raw copy of SIKTC #1 to this buyer that was cracked from Voldemort. Got popped with a "it isn't high grade like the listing stated." Ended up sending him $25 for the troubles. The guy expected a 9.8 on a 9.2 listing. Waste of time.

1.11.JPG

And now he's requesting a return after the $25 refund. 

On 8/17/2021 at 12:48 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I am fine with a one sentence request asking the condition of the slab (even though all my auctions clearly states the slab is band new), but if you write me a paragraph asking me basically 4-5 questions about the slab then that person is clearly a OCD annoying person and they get blocked automatically.  I don't have time to deal with those kind of people. 

Can't argue with that!