• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,598 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2021 at 3:48 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I am fine with a one sentence request asking the condition of the slab (even though all my auctions clearly states the slab is band new), but if you write me a paragraph asking me basically 4-5 questions about the slab then that person is clearly a OCD annoying person and they get blocked automatically.  I don't have time to deal with those kind of people. 

Those are the worst. After dealing with one customer I pretty much completely ignore any future contact

On 8/17/2021 at 3:48 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I am fine with a one sentence request asking the condition of the slab (even though all my auctions clearly states the slab is band new), but if you write me a paragraph asking me basically 4-5 questions about the slab then that person is clearly a OCD annoying person and they get blocked automatically.  I don't have time to deal with those kind of people. 

Saying your slab is brand new tells me nothing about the condition of it. All my slabs with newton rings and scuff marks were brand new.

I know, when it comes to my comics, I have at least a mild case of OCD. But I never considered the fact that that makes me annoying.

On 8/20/2021 at 9:58 AM, Gaard said:

Saying your slab is brand new tells me nothing about the condition of it. All my slabs with newton rings and scuff marks were brand new.

I know, when it comes to my comics, I have at least a mild case of OCD. But I never considered the fact that that makes me annoying.

Anyone asking me 4-5 questions about the condition of a slab has OCD that needs to be treated, and is usually a red flag of someone who se expectations are not reasonable.  One sentence asking me my opinion of the slab is perfectly fine, and I always try to be honest. 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

Several ID's from the same super loser. Bid then got removed for "administrative" reasons then bid again with a new account then messaged craziness after the win saying to cancel then messaged more from a different account. Complete psycho. $20 sale and I didn't even know WTF they were talking about. Accusing me of blocking them to damage their reputation!?! Zero feedback and all accounts just created. Straight up weird. 

reverse.flashpoint.paradox

reverse.flashp_30

me.myself.i15

king.ofda.cards5

On 8/24/2021 at 8:35 PM, Buzzetta said:

Got my first negative in years.

Um I am confused... 

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 9.33.55 PM.png

Probably just a mistake.  I would first try messaging the buyer. If that doesn't work contact ebay they should remove it. 

On 8/24/2021 at 9:38 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Probably just a mistake.  I would first try messaging the buyer. If that doesn't work contact ebay they should remove it. 

Or I could just send a link to this... 

Buyer made an offer and I accepted. Never paid or responded to any messages. If you can’t pay for a $20 book you shouldn’t buy it and waste my time. I love that you can’t open unpaid item cases or leave negative feedback for these useless pos deadbeats. 

leo89comics

On 8/30/2021 at 2:37 AM, Corona smith said:

I love that you can’t open unpaid item cases or leave negative feedback for these useless pos deadbeats.

There;s nothing we can do? What's to prevent someone from making 20 different offers and deciding to go thru with the best one, and screw the rest. That just ain't right.

According to ebays help section if they don’t pay after 4 calendar days the seller can cancel the transaction. Though the drop down menu doesn’t have buyer didn’t pay as one of the options. Apparently eBay still records them on the buyers accounts somehow. 

On 8/30/2021 at 1:37 AM, Corona smith said:

Buyer made an offer and I accepted. Never paid or responded to any messages. If you can’t pay for a $20 book you shouldn’t buy it and waste my time. I love that you can’t open unpaid item cases or leave negative feedback for these useless pos deadbeats. 

On 8/30/2021 at 6:29 AM, Corona smith said:

According to ebays help section if they don’t pay after 4 calendar days the seller can cancel the transaction. Though the drop down menu doesn’t have buyer didn’t pay as one of the options. Apparently eBay still records them on the buyers accounts somehow. 

Yeah this was part of their Spring update to seller terms . It said,

20210830_124634.jpg.a4d2ee27b87360b05034320519b2d7ec.jpg

Another reason I have severely limited my ebay selling. :facepalm:

petehokkanen - Outbid several bidders and then did not pay
darnelhal_4 - Outbid several bidders and then did not pay

frikk17 - bid and won, and then requested to cancel because he found a better price.

I’m not sure about the next buyers intention -
cjar2000 - requests a ‘full’ refund because he didnt receive the book; stresses the ‘full’.
Simple check of tracking shows the book was left on his front porch two days before. Ebay requests me to provide an explanation (again when this tracking info is already available on Ebay !), and then he cancels request.

herrlejeff1

This is the guy who responded that he wanted to build Trumps wall, when I refused a return that was clearly buyer remorse The guy then filed a chargeback on his credit card for ‘cancellation’ of order. Ebay asks me to send proof of receipt - tracking info. I found this strange, because its on the Ebay site already , and his messages clearly show he received the book. Anyway, I complied.
Waited for a month and Ebay messaged me back saying he won his case and was credited the cost + postage. The good thing for me was that Ebay didnt charge me anything, and in fact deleted his negative feedback, so I was OK with this.
I dont know why his credit card company would side with him - both tracking info and his messages on Ebay show he received the book. I am not sure if Ebay had to compensate the credit card company or him directly, but just thought this is a heck of a way to respond to a clear lie.

Edited by DocCRR
Grammar

I will be exploring other sites - like Comiclink (being discussed on the Boards right now).

To be fair, my experience with Ebay and buyers on Ebay has been mostly good. Its the few $@%^& buyers (and probably sellers too) who screw it up for everyone.

For sure though, Ebays protections, while much improved, are more in favor of buyers than sellers. The 'Not as described' reason is the most egregious, and not collecting payment immediately after winning a bid or making a purchase, is right up there with it.

Not allowing reciprocal feedback to explain experience is another issue.

Edited by DocCRR
Addition

On 9/3/2021 at 8:16 PM, DocCRR said:

I will be exploring other sites - like Comiclink (being discussed on the Boards right now).

To be fair, my experience with Ebay and buyers on Ebay has been mostly good. Its the few $@%^& buyers (and probably sellers too) who screw it up for everyone.

For sure though, Ebays protections, while much improved, are more in favor of buyers than sellers. The 'Not as described' reason is the most egregious, and not collecting payment immediately after winning a bid or making a purchase, is right up there with it.

Not allowing reciprocal feedback to explain experience is another issue.

Yea, the no reciprocal BS is for the birds