• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,589 posts in this topic

I found that this guy is back under another email-avoid Frank Simmons(coasttocoastcomics on Ebay)-he is a crook.  He is also doing business under several emails including:  ddetectivecomics.com 

He sold me this book and after inspection-it's obviously trimmed

Iron Man 1 Trimmed.jpeg

Iron Man 1-Trimmed image 2.jpeg

Iron Man -Trimmed image 3.jpeg

On 11/9/2021 at 3:58 PM, cpfefer said:

I found that this guy is back under another email-avoid Frank Simmons(coasttocoastcomics on Ebay)-he is a crook.  He is also doing business under several emails including:  ddetectivecomics.com 

He sold me this book and after inspection-it's obviously trimmed

Iron Man 1 Trimmed.jpeg

Iron Man 1-Trimmed image 2.jpeg

Iron Man -Trimmed image 3.jpeg

Have you tried with 90 degrees L ruler?  It can tell you it's not 90 degrees.

Edited by JollyComics

Be aware of a buyer named D. T. Randall Jr from Tupelo Mississippi. We arranged for two graded books to be shipped to him. As soon as they arrived he opened a Payment Dispute 'outside of Ebay'. USPS shows it as received the same day as the dispute was opened. It arrived in 3 days.

wolfpack0nite15 has filed a payment dispute outside of eBay about an order that was placed on Nov 09, 2021. This means the buyer has disputed a charge directly with their payment provider. They are requesting $105.00 back and the reason for this dispute is that the buyer hasn't received their item yet.

The best part is, Ebay knew he was a problem buyer and cancelled my sale to him AFTER I SHIPPED THE BOX!!! To double the problem, USPS failed in my Interecept Request that was issued less than an hour after the box was delivered to USPS. The only good news is Ebay says the 'dispute meets the Seller Protection Eligibility....'

On 11/13/2021 at 9:35 AM, Robert_L said:

Be aware of a buyer named D. T. Randall Jr from Tupelo Mississippi. We arranged for two graded books to be shipped to him. As soon as they arrived he opened a Payment Dispute 'outside of Ebay'. USPS shows it as received the same day as the dispute was opened. It arrived in 3 days.

wolfpack0nite15 has filed a payment dispute outside of eBay about an order that was placed on Nov 09, 2021. This means the buyer has disputed a charge directly with their payment provider. They are requesting $105.00 back and the reason for this dispute is that the buyer hasn't received their item yet.

The best part is, Ebay knew he was a problem buyer and cancelled my sale to him AFTER I SHIPPED THE BOX!!! To double the problem, USPS failed in my Interecept Request that was issued less than an hour after the box was delivered to USPS. The only good news is Ebay says the 'dispute meets the Seller Protection Eligibility....'

ebay user ID?..... wolfpack0nite15 comes up with error message on ebay

On 11/13/2021 at 10:08 AM, Mapleleafvann said:

Just try it again - sometimes eBay's "Blocked Users" list needs to be entered again in order for it to register.  I have no idea why.....

First time it failed second attempt went thru.

On 11/13/2021 at 10:08 AM, Mapleleafvann said:

Just try it again - sometimes eBay's "Blocked Users" list needs to be entered again in order for it to register.  I have no idea why.....

Fourth time's a charm... or maybe different day, another "Blocked Loser"... thanks

Block this guy: kewert89  

I had a  CGC Star Wars book listed with asking price or best offer. He makes me an offer. I accept.

A few days go by, no payment or communication. Very late in the evening on October 4th and very early morning on October 5th, I get these three messages (while I was asleep), in rapid succession, right after the other:

1st Message:

Hey what's up man? Sorry for the late reply, but I work 2nd shift Monday-Friday 3pm-3am. Anyways, I had to transfer money from my savings to my checking today to buy this it. My bank is dumb and makes me wait 1 business day for the transfer to actually post into my account.

It will be in there late tonight or early tomorrow morning (anywhere from 3-8am) so after I wake up tomorrow I'll buy it right away. It will be before I start work at 3pm cst at the latest buddy.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I appreciate your patience! 

2nd Message:

Actually, I was just browsing my watchlist and seen that a US seller is selling a 9.6 as well, but he has is listed for $450 + $15 for shipping which is $60 less. Would you be willing to cancel this transaction and match his price man?

I don't think I've ever asked a seller to cancel a transaction before, but when I can get the same exact item for 10% less money (especially on a $500 book) it would be dumb for anyone to pass that up in my opinion.

Either way just lmk and sorry for the inconvenience.

3rd Message:

Hey what's up man? So I had some unexpected hospital bills that came in the mail today. I had surgery on my broken ankle 4months ago and my insurance covered most of it, but the final invoice shows I still need to pay a little over $2k out of pocket. I've been wanting a KOTOR #9 for a while now (it's the last KOTOR comic I need to finish my run), but that's going to have to be out on hold for the time being.

I tried to request canceling this order myself, but it wouldn't let me. If you could cancel this transaction for me I'd really appreciate. I do apologize and am sincerely sorry for wasting your time. I doubt that will change the way you feel about it, but I'd rather be upfront with you instead of just ghosting you until it's past the payment due date.

Anyways, take care and have a good rest of your week!

SO, basically, we have the trifecta here...Non-payment due to bank issues, followed by found a cheaper copy and then coincidence of coincidences, unexpected hospital bills! Only thing that was missing was my "kid bid on this" or other similar nonsense. I did not waste much time with this guy and cancelled the sale for buyer request and blocked him.

block this guy, though I suspect he is getting kicked off ebay: phokingcollectibles

bought books and asked a couple of times for the tracking info. then get a notice that he cancelled the sale upon my request - which i never did. He did this to a bunch of other people as well - several of whom chose to leave negative feedback - to which he posted abusive comments

frustrating, but I can say that at least he refunded the money - it could have been worse...

On 11/29/2021 at 1:43 PM, amatta said:

block this guy, though I suspect he is getting kicked off ebayphokingcollectibles

bought books and asked a couple of times for the tracking info. then get a notice that he cancelled the sale upon my request - which i never did. He did this to a bunch of other people as well - several of whom chose to leave negative feedback - to which he posted abusive comments

frustrating, but I can say that at least he refunded the money - it could have been worse...

Coming to this thread specifically to post this guy! Same thing. I won 5 books. Was notified by another Boardie that one of the books was actually theirs. So, I contacted the seller and asked what was up, and received no response. So, i figure I'm getting scammed, but was going to wait until Dec 1st, which was the earliest I could file the return/refund. Instead, this weekend I suddenly get a "shipping" notice, which makes me nervous, because I'm afraid the guy is going to drag out the refund process by doing shenanigans, like saying it's lost in the mail or something. Was extremely relieved when the transaction was canceled yesterday. I also received the "LOL Cry about it B----" feedbacks, not sure how to get those removed. What a waste of time. Not sure what his endgame was. What a frustrating mess. Anyway, hopefully it's over now. Glad I wasn't the only one! Funnily, his feedback was 100% last week (all private...that's sus) and as of today is about 54%, so the chickens have clearly come home to roost.

On 11/30/2021 at 9:01 AM, F For Fake said:

Coming to this thread specifically to post this guy! Same thing. I won 5 books. Was notified by another Boardie that one of the books was actually theirs. So, I contacted the seller and asked what was up, and received no response. So, i figure I'm getting scammed, but was going to wait until Dec 1st, which was the earliest I could file the return/refund. Instead, this weekend I suddenly get a "shipping" notice, which makes me nervous, because I'm afraid the guy is going to drag out the refund process by doing shenanigans, like saying it's lost in the mail or something. Was extremely relieved when the transaction was canceled yesterday. I also received the "LOL Cry about it B----" feedbacks, not sure how to get those removed. What a waste of time. Not sure what his endgame was. What a frustrating mess. Anyway, hopefully it's over now. Glad I wasn't the only one! Funnily, his feedback was 100% last week (all private...that's sus) and as of today is about 54%, so the chickens have clearly come home to roost.

Interesting - I'm at least grateful that we were refunded. I thought he was just having seller's remorse... 

I reported him to ebay and they are looking into it (it only took a few minutes. I'm guessing if enough folks complain he will be suspended.

with regards to the feedback - he left positive feedback with the nasty comment, which is also weird. did you get negative feedback? if so, i'm sure ebay can scrub it for you

what i really don't like is that some random crazy person has my contact details - that is what I like about the boards: i mean, we're still crazy people but we're well-screened! 

be well 'F'

On 11/30/2021 at 11:32 AM, amatta said:

Interesting - I'm at least grateful that we were refunded. I thought he was just having seller's remorse... 

I reported him to ebay and they are looking into it (it only took a few minutes. I'm guessing if enough folks complain he will be suspended.

with regards to the feedback - he left positive feedback with the nasty comment, which is also weird. did you get negative feedback? if so, i'm sure ebay can scrub it for you

what i really don't like is that some random crazy person has my contact details - that is what I like about the boards: i mean, we're still crazy people but we're well-screened! 

be well 'F'

Yeah, maybe he actually had SOME of the books on hand, but at least one of the ones I purchased was owned by a boardie with a registry set. That's what tipped me off that something wasn't right. I'm assuming once the heat started coming down and the negs started hitting, that's when he pulled the plug. I'm still not sure if he canceled it or if eBay canceled it, but either way, the refund has been processed. Yes, I reported him as well, particularly in regard to the comments. He left positive (sellers can't leave negative for buyers) but he left the same nasty comment on all five positive fb's. So hopefully eBay will scrub them, I could do without seeing them, for sure.

I went ahead and blocked him, but you're right, now my name and address are out there. Most likely he's a fly by night scammer, and not a psycho killer or anything, but you just never know anymore. Just glad we were all compensated. Won't be surprised if he shows up again under another ID, that seems to be the case fairly often.