• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

Well, did think about that regarding all the positive feedback he had previously, but then when you look at most of his prior feedback, it's for items that are only a few dollars each, and now that he's listed higher $ items, he's gone rogue/missing/jail,whatever....

I'll try the Google-a-name suggestion.

EDIT: For typos, but also Googled his name and city, and nothing came up. Pretty distinct name also so something should have came up.

Edited by Loukayza

Two more inductees:

kaydogzcomix2001

dept.of.superhero.affairs

Non-payers. I'm especially disappointed in the dept.of.superhero.affairs (ZERO feedback user). This person bid up a book to $222. Auction ended Sunday night the 18th. I emailed after a few days and they said they would pay on Thursday the 22nd.

GOOD AFTERNOON. YES, I WILL BE PAYING FOR MY ORDER ON THURSDAY, LATEST. I HAD A LARGE CHECK DEPOSITED THAT HAS A HOLD UNTIL THEN..SUCKS. ILL SEND THEN. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks for nothing (thumbs u

No one to block here as the seller has 100% FB... I just want to get an opinion. As I find this to be fairly rude

Seller comicbookcase lists Alias #1 CGC 9.8 for (around $175)

Book doesn't sell and he re-lists it for $225,

I send a message

ME:

Book didn't sell and you raised it by $40?

comicbookcase:

Guess you should have bought it before the price went up.

In hind site my question read in the wrong tone could come off as snarky maybe? I typed it from my phone and kept it short. I was just generally curious why a seller with a potential buyer would answer the buyer this way, As far as I know this book is worth no more than it was yesterday.

Something is VERY shady about that guy. He listed that SAME book - Alias #1 9.8. Same photos, same cert # a few weeks back. I bid on it and lost by a few bucks. Oh well, right. A day or so later, I see the same book up in a new auction. I wrote the the guy to ask him if it was a non-bidding buyer. He said no and he has a bunch of them, but can't be bothered to list new photos. But he's been doing some shifty stuff with BIN's, Reserve Auctions, etc. etc. I've seen THAT book listed about 4 or 5 times before I stopped watching a week or so ago.

Something is fishy with it. hm

No one to block here as the seller has 100% FB... I just want to get an opinion. As I find this to be fairly rude

I send a message

ME:

comicbookcase:

In hind site my question read in the wrong tone could come off as snarky maybe? I typed it from my phone and kept it short. I was just generally curious why a seller with a potential buyer would answer the buyer this way, As far as I know this book is worth no more than it was yesterday.

Some sellers indulge in this practice if they have watchers on the book, thinking someone will panic and jump on it before the price goes any higher. :boo:

I see what you are talking about Harvey his listing look a little all over the place, I think I will just stay away then, I personally lower the price when something doesn't sell, I could see someone employing this as a tactic to get someone to jump on it.... But it had the opposite effect on me and will detour me from buying from him in the future..... It's his stuff and he can do what he wants I guess.

need some advice on this one

buyer purchased a raw ASM129 that had pen writing on the back cover and I listed it as such. However the buyer received the book and said there was writing on the inside as well (I missed this). Buyer opened a case via eBay and requested a partial refund of $50. I told him I was already losing money on the book (paid more) and said I would do a full refund.

He messaged me today and said he wants to keep the book but would like a refund between $20-$50.

I don't want to do a partial - what should I do?

buyer purchased a raw ASM129 that had pen writing on the back cover and I listed it as such. However the buyer received the book and said there was writing on the inside as well (I missed this). Buyer opened a case via eBay and requested a partial refund of $50. I told him I was already losing money on the book (paid more) and said I would do a full refund.

He messaged me today and said he wants to keep the book but would like a refund between $20-$50.

Apologize that you missed the writing on the inside (if there actually is any...which you don't know) and politely explain to him that you don't do partial refunds but would be happy to offer him a full refund upon return of the book.

Apologize that you missed the writing on the inside (if there actually is any...which you don't know) and politely explain to him that you don't do partial refunds but would be happy to offer him a full refund upon return of the book.

I did apologize initially when I responded the first time but will do so again and let him know I don't do partial refunds. My fear is that since I'm not doing what he wants, he will go ahead and leave a negative. I'm ok with that (would prefer not to have one) but I also don't feel like I should have to give him a partial if he doesn't want to return the book.

I'll update when I hear back from him.

My fear is that since I'm not doing what he wants, he will go ahead and leave a negative. I'm ok with that (would prefer not to have one) but I also don't feel like I should have to give him a partial if he doesn't want to return the book.

This is just one of a thousand reasons I walked away from eBay years ago. They practically force sellers to be at the mercy of jackhole buyers, no matter how unreasonable they're being. If the guy does leave you a neg...be sure to block him and then out him here so he can be added to the "list" of bad eBayers.

My fear is that since I'm not doing what he wants, he will go ahead and leave a negative. I'm ok with that (would prefer not to have one) but I also don't feel like I should have to give him a partial if he doesn't want to return the book.

This is just one of a thousand reasons I walked away from eBay years ago. They practically force sellers to be at the mercy of jackhole buyers, no matter how unreasonable they're being. If the guy does leave you a neg...be sure to block him and then out him here so he can be added to the "list" of bad eBayers.

will do. like all things eBay has it's good and bad. For me I still have plenty of good so I not ready to walk away just yet

I send a message

ME:

comicbookcase:

Some sellers indulge in this practice if they have watchers on the book, thinking someone will panic and jump on it before the price goes any higher. :boo:

Yeah some sellers do this and never made sense to me either.

You got a snarky reply though because you sent him a snarky question that was really unneeded. Just past the seller by there was no need to send him a question like that.

Have him send the book back for a full refund. Tell him its your policy on mistakes like that this that you only do full refunds no partials.

This doesn't mean yet the buyer is being unreasonable yet.

As a buyer though I don't ever ask for a partial refund on a book that has an error on it. If the seller suggests it after we have emailed and sent pics or something like that I have sometimes I agreed. It justs looks too bad to the seller to ask that upfront.

As a seller when I screw up which happens once or twice a year I basically just tell them to send the book back to me for a full refund no questions ask. There reply usually tells me their intentions. You will get all types of replies from the buyer for all types of reasons. Its up to you as a seller to determine their intentions, but usually starting off with send it back to me for a full refund is the right way to go.

As a buyer though I don't ever ask for a partial refund on a book that has an error on it. If the seller suggests it after we have emailed and sent pics or something like that I have sometimes I agreed. It justs looks too bad to the seller to ask that upfront.

As a seller when I screw up which happens once or twice a year I basically just tell them to send the book back to me for a full refund no questions ask. There reply usually tells me their intentions. You will get all types of replies from the buyer for all types of reasons. Its up to you as a seller to determine their intentions, but usually starting off with send it back to me for a full refund is the right way to go.

as soon as the case was opened, I replied to let him know it was not intentional and that I missed it by mistake, I told him I would be happy to do a full refund and selected that option on the case.

I agree, as a buyer I normally just contact the seller to let them know (for their benefit) if it's not something I can live with then I just ask for the refund. if it's something to great I'd rather just return it and move on. too many books to worry about 1 etc

Nobody is saying the buyer is being unreasonable yet.

I send a message

ME:

comicbookcase:

Yeah some sellers do this and never made sense to me either.

You got a snarky reply though because you sent him a snarky question that was really unneeded. Just past the seller by there was no need to send him a question like that.

I don't disagree, It wasn't meant to come off as it may have sounded, But as a seller I would have at least given a reason and said sorry or something, I don't take any questions personal and I don't get offended at low ballers like a lot of people do. I try and be as professional as possible. But again I can see where my message could have came off that way

Two low feedback buyers to block:

julientristan22: Non-paying bidder. No communication.

polkadot2005: Had buyer's remorse before she even received the comic I sold her and requested a return. Admitted that she overspent.

Here's another one to add: jsmithsells

Here's the story, which I reported to ebay:

This buyer was abrasive, used profanity to intimidate, and attempted to use feedback to extort a partial refund.

He bought a poster from me, which I shipped on the same day (May 31). He did not provide any request to hold the order or to indicate that he would be making an additional purchase when he sent the payment. On the next day, he bought another poster, which I shipped the following business day.

Today, he sent a message expressing his dissatisfaction that he did not receive combined shipping for his purchases, which was impossible since the first poster had shipped before the second purchase. This was his message:

"I bought 2 posters from you, 1 on May 30 & 1 on the 31st & I assumed you would combine them together but instead you shipped them separately & charged me twice for shipping, don't you combine shipments ? Thanks, Jim"

I sent him the following response:

"Yes, I offer combined shipping. However, I ship orders immediately unless the seller requests otherwise. Since you had not requested the first poster to be held, it shipped immediately on Friday, May 30. You purchased the second poster on May 31, which was after the first poster was already in the hands of the postal service, so it was shipped separately on Monday, June 2. I have lowered the prices on the remaining posters. If you would like to make an additional purchase of two or more posters, I will ship your order for free. Just send me a reminder note when you make the purchase, and your invoice will be adjusted."

He then responded with this message, and also includes profanity:

"Lmfao, so I needed to remind you, cool if I buy 2 more from you I'll get it for free, see if I mistake like that I credit it back to the customer so the customer comes back because I took care of them, Needless to say, I won't be buying anymore posters from you & trust me it will be in your feedback. Have a good on dude, Jim"

Too bad that I couldn't read his mind or travel back in time. Otherwise, I could have honored his request retroactively.