• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,315 posts in this topic

In James Halperin's collection, splash from "Food for Thought" by Al Williamson and Roy Krenkel from Incredible Science Fiction 32 is on my list of greatest splash pages of all time. The inking is among the best that I have ever seen.

00298.jpg

This is gorgeous, and than you for the large pic.

Krenkel's inks are "other-worldly" (see what I did there ;) ) but can you tell me (because it is very hard to pick up on the pic) how much (if any) white out or "paste ups" are on the OA?

I ask because many years ago I saw some early Ditko Spider-Man OA that had/has NONE yet other artists that I really admire have had heaps.

Thanks, guys. Tale from the Crypt has been my favorite EC title. I hope to find some other Gaines copies of the lower-grade and non-pedigree books. Maybe some of the high prices recently will shake some out and I can finish the run the right way. These are the lead-up, pre-GFC issues to TFTC that I have.

InternationalComics1.jpg

I never even knew about those Internationals..... can't be many of those. I can also see the appeal of Gaines File Copies..... don't the COA's have the signatures of Gaines, Weist, Overstreet, and Cochran on each one ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I never even knew about those Internationals..... can't be many of those. I can also see the appeal of Gaines File Copies..... don't the COA's have the signatures of Gaines, Weist, Overstreet, and Cochran on each one ? GOD BLESS....

Gaines, Overstreet & Cochran. Weist was certainly there in spirit as he has been and always will be.

Here's one.

TalesfromtheCrypt22cert_zps70866ca9.jpg

..... certainly in the running for coolest of all COAs...... GOD BLESS.....

P.S. I've been admiring Cat's HOF 14 in the sig line for a while .... nice to see it full size..... it makes sense that you would be a long time EC Fan Addict..... but who could've been collecting seriously in the 70's and not be ?

In James Halperin's collection, splash from "Food for Thought" by Al Williamson and Roy Krenkel from Incredible Science Fiction 32 is on my list of greatest splash pages of all time. The inking is among the best that I have ever seen.

00298.jpg

All Williamson was always diligent about making it known that he only drew the flying lizard on this page, everything else was 100% Krenkel pencils and inks.