• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,323 posts in this topic

On 10/17/2021 at 7:35 PM, Raze said:

So today was a GREAT day! I went to a small show that was pretty dead (Quad city con here in St Charles 35 min out from St Louis). Ive been to all 3 that they have done here and they have all had great turnout, especially this past spring. But today it was not very busy. I know a few dealers and they all said it was slow but the people were nice.

One guy though had THE books for "flippers", they were nice mid to upper mid books priced at FMV via ebay ,but he under graded, 90% keys, so he did quite well. I saw a few deals at his booth and it was insane, made me kick myself for not looking at his booth since I was the 20th person in the show. Oh well, now for the Great day part of the story...

I killed it on the EC collecting side of things!!! Lets start with 2 essentially free books

Land of the Lost 4 & 6. These were part of a deal where I was friends with the dealer and I bought a VOODOO 3 from. He said he found them in a barn. They are water damaged and beat up but the covers are attached and they are complete. With these 2 I have 3 of this title.

Next,

Two Fisted Tales 37 & 41 Both are complete and paid $8 apiece. I was hoping that the 41 would be an upgrade but its not.

Crime Suspenstories 6 Ive always liked this cover and was super happy to pick it up from a fellow boardie/dealer! I hope he dosnt mind the shout out @SSkufan THANKS!

Now for my 2 big ones!

Vault of Horror 31 & 38 Now these 2 and the CSS6 are nicer mid grade books so I know what you're thinking "Raze you say you're the low grade king but youve been getting some nicer copies what happened?" My answer "extra hours at work"! lol I couldn't be happier with the conditions of the last 3 books and with the price tags as well! 38 is such a hard black cover!

So thanks for reading my rambling post! Ill be post my copy of VOODOO 3 in the precode thread after!

Scan 2021-10-17 20.52.53.jpg

What a great bunch of pickups!

If that Two-Fisted Tales isn't an upgrade for you it would be an upgrade for me, so let me know if you're looking to move it along, please!

On 10/17/2021 at 7:35 PM, Raze said:

So today was a GREAT day! I went to a small show that was pretty dead (Quad city con here in St Charles 35 min out from St Louis). Ive been to all 3 that they have done here and they have all had great turnout, especially this past spring. But today it was not very busy. I know a few dealers and they all said it was slow but the people were nice.

One guy though had THE books for "flippers", they were nice mid to upper mid books priced at FMV via ebay ,but he under graded, 90% keys, so he did quite well. I saw a few deals at his booth and it was insane, made me kick myself for not looking at his booth since I was the 20th person in the show. Oh well, now for the Great day part of the story...

I killed it on the EC collecting side of things!!! Lets start with 2 essentially free books

Land of the Lost 4 & 6. These were part of a deal where I was friends with the dealer and I bought a VOODOO 3 from. He said he found them in a barn. They are water damaged and beat up but the covers are attached and they are complete. With these 2 I have 3 of this title.

Next,

Two Fisted Tales 37 & 41 Both are complete and paid $8 apiece. I was hoping that the 41 would be an upgrade but its not.

Crime Suspenstories 6 Ive always liked this cover and was super happy to pick it up from a fellow boardie/dealer! I hope he dosnt mind the shout out @SSkufan THANKS!

Now for my 2 big ones!

Vault of Horror 31 & 38 Now these 2 and the CSS6 are nicer mid grade books so I know what you're thinking "Raze you say you're the low grade king but youve been getting some nicer copies what happened?" My answer "extra hours at work"! lol I couldn't be happier with the conditions of the last 3 books and with the price tags as well! 38 is such a hard black cover!

So thanks for reading my rambling post! Ill be post my copy of VOODOO 3 in the precode thread after!

Scan 2021-10-17 20.51.29.jpg

Scan 2021-10-17 20.50.15.jpg

Scan 2021-10-17 20.55.05.jpg

Scan 2021-10-17 20.56.27.jpg

Scan 2021-10-17 20.57.52.jpg

Scan 2021-10-17 20.59.54.jpg

Wow, 7 ECs in one day. Reminds me of the old days. Congrats! 

On 10/17/2021 at 9:35 PM, Raze said:

Next,

Now for my 2 big ones!

Scan 2021-10-17 20.51.29.jpg

Scan 2021-10-17 20.50.15.jpg

Scan 2021-10-17 20.55.05.jpg

Scan 2021-10-17 20.56.27.jpg

Scan 2021-10-17 20.57.52.jpg

Scan 2021-10-17 20.59.54.jpg

Glad I could get you an EC book you needed.  I tell you the past two years it has been a drought of finding these books.

On 10/25/2021 at 7:09 AM, chrisco37 said:

Not sure if there has been any discussion here or not about this book.  I saw it at the Bmore Con this weekend.  Being auctioned thru Hakes.   

Tales of Terror Annual #3 - CGC 9.6

8B077C7D-3228-4CE1-85E9-FA257F62FA33.jpeg

I've seen lots of vintage HG books over the years.  I've never seen an old book that looks as good as this one.  When I first saw it in the Hakes display I thought it was a reprint.  It looks almost fake.   The colors just pop and the whites are the brightest whites I've ever seen on a book this old.   It literally looks like it just came off the press (even thru the slab).  The picture doesn't do it justice.  I couldn't (still can't) believe it.   

Apparently there are no Gaines Files of the annuals (didn't know that).  

I heard about that one. Apparently, a man bought it for his son but mom wouldn’t let the boy read it. It was put away in a drawer until recently when it was discovered and put up for auction.

A true “freak of chance” indeed.