• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,321 posts in this topic

On 12/22/2021 at 11:30 AM, damonwad said:

Two more fun sci-fi books. Orlando's art on Harvest (#25) isn't my favorite, but Feldstein's --script made it the best story from this issue for me. I'm sure most would prefer the Williamson cover story though.

1971861480_WeirdScience-Fantasy23.thumb.JPG.0b703fefc5f07cbace9f8625f7bbef89.JPG

Fifteen cents for a comic book?  Ridiculous!  :whatthe:

On 12/26/2021 at 7:13 PM, Silver said:

Ever time I see a Williamson interior I’m reminded of how ridiculously good he was…

He had a great teacher....or more accurately mentor.

Edited by G-G © ® ™

On 12/29/2021 at 5:29 PM, fifties said:

This just in today.  I now have the full runs of Weird Science, Crime & Shock SuspenStories, and just need the #1 of Weird Fantasy to complete that run.  The horror titles will take a bit longer.

Weird Science 12 (1).jpg

Awesome! Don't forget Two Fisted and Frontline Combat...

I am one book short of completing the New Trend mainline titles. Still need a couple COT, Crime Patrol and War Against Crime. Those will be pricy.

On 12/29/2021 at 6:34 PM, Raze said:

Major upgrade but I thought it might be trimmed ( https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/501265-mad-5/)

But I think Im paranoid!! You tell me...

As answered in your other thread, 

The easiest way to tell is to simply place it on top of another Mad, published around the same period.  If the other book has a spine roll, line the left side up so that it aligns with the others left FC side.

The fanned pages seem to indicate that it has not been trimmed.

On 12/29/2021 at 6:34 PM, Raze said:

Major upgrade but I thought it might be trimmed ( https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/501265-mad-5/)

But I think Im paranoid!! You tell me...

Scan 2021-12-27 17.54.36.jpg

I think you are OK. Here is one of mine that has the same problem. Also a Canada copy that does not. 

commad5pair.jpg

On 12/30/2021 at 11:59 AM, Robot Man said:

I think you are OK. Here is one of mine that has the same problem. Also a Canada copy that does not. 

commad5pair.jpg

I don't think it was trimmed, here's mine for another example, I check the inside pages, if the margins look normal not reduced your  probably ok.

mad5 001.jpg