• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,323 posts in this topic

@fifties @Robot Man @Hap Hazard

The reason I thought it might be trimmed is when you lay the book out flat the right side seems very uniform and does not splay out. Here is the picture it’s not the greatest but you can maybe see what I’m talking about.

also thank you for everyone showing their MAD 5!!! Such a great cover!

804BBA7B-6834-48DC-B87E-7388F9D30268.jpeg

5E258D55-5F59-4ECE-B361-EA8E9AD3E600.jpeg

B595E36F-5F86-42CB-894F-11809F27E158.jpeg

On 12/30/2021 at 6:56 PM, Raze said:

@fifties @Robot Man @Hap Hazard

The reason I thought it might be trimmed is when you lay the book out flat the right side seems very uniform and does not splay out. Here is the picture it’s not the greatest but you can maybe see what I’m talking about.

That's normal, as the right side doesn't fan out, as the left side does.  The BC however seems inordinately wide; it should be just two hairs or so extended beyond the pages.

On 1/7/2022 at 3:18 PM, Hap Hazard said:

Congrats on finding them all, some take bit of searching to locate. Here's my set.

tales from the cypt Random House.JPG

I got all mine in 2021! The Camp, Carnival and Class Trip were a pain in the @22! 

I didnt really care about grade as they were fun to hunt down. Plus I want to read them to the kids!

On 1/8/2022 at 11:48 AM, OtherEric said:

A spectacular achievement!

Personally, I would say CoT 18 is New Trend... it says so right on the cover... but Crime Patrol 15 & 16 are not actually New Trend, but either the last pre-trend books or best considered as the transitional books between pre-trend and new trend without actually being fully New Trend.

OtherEric Johnson is right!  :yeehaw:

On 1/8/2022 at 9:27 AM, Robot Man said:

A BIG day for me yesterday when this package arrived.

At the beginning of 2021, I still needed 19 books to complete my main run of New trend titles. I consider these to be MAD, Panic, CSS, SSS, Frontline Combat, Two Fisted, all 3 Sci-Fi titles, and the 3 main horror titles.

My goal was to complete these. I needed anywhere from 1 to 4 issues of most of these titles. Well, I pecked away all year and got down to this one issue. And on New Year’s Eve, just under the wire, I scored it. Only a reader but can upgrade in time.

Now what? I have slowly picked up the earlier crime, romance, International, & Moon Girl. With no real due date, I am going to seek the rest of these I need.

I do still have a bit of a steep hill though. I still need Crime Patrol 15 & 16 and COT 18. Not sure if they would be considered pre or new trend so depending how you look at it, I might not be technically done with New Trend.

Either way, amazed I could finish this quest in one year. And then, there also a few upgrades like this one needed. 

57305CC5-564C-4215-A3FE-B0CA4044F15D.jpeg

333B8851-CCC5-43FC-961A-3558B66DB3DB.jpeg

Well done!!  I'm about a half dozen issues behind you.

On 1/8/2022 at 9:21 PM, jimjum12 said:

:golfclap:

Your posts are so 'real time". I'm glad you found this place. You've made it a better site, GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Honestly there are a few people on the boards that make them great and you @jimjum12 are one of them! 

Congrats, Bob

A great feeling finishing a run. As you know if your starting to chase the Pre-Trend some of those are truely rarer than Hens Teeth!

On 1/8/2022 at 9:27 AM, Robot Man said:

A BIG day for me yesterday when this package arrived.

At the beginning of 2021, I still needed 19 books to complete my main run of New trend titles. I consider these to be MAD, Panic, CSS, SSS, Frontline Combat, Two Fisted, all 3 Sci-Fi titles, and the 3 main horror titles.

My goal was to complete these. I needed anywhere from 1 to 4 issues of most of these titles. Well, I pecked away all year and got down to this one issue. And on New Year’s Eve, just under the wire, I scored it. Only a reader but can upgrade in time.

Now what? I have slowly picked up the earlier crime, romance, International, & Moon Girl. With no real due date, I am going to seek the rest of these I need.

I do still have a bit of a steep hill though. I still need Crime Patrol 15 & 16 and COT 18. Not sure if they would be considered pre or new trend so depending how you look at it, I might not be technically done with New Trend.

Either way, amazed I could finish this quest in one year. And then, there also a few upgrades like this one needed. 

57305CC5-564C-4215-A3FE-B0CA4044F15D.jpeg

333B8851-CCC5-43FC-961A-3558B66DB3DB.jpeg

On 1/9/2022 at 5:25 PM, Hap Hazard said:

Congrats, Bob

A great feeling finishing a run. As you know if your starting to chase the Pre-Trend some of those are truely rarer than Hens Teeth!

Indeed. I approach them as books of “opportunity” at this point. They, (other than mostly the romance Feldstein covers), are not must have books.

At one time, I had them all. Pre-internet they were pretty cheap but always been a bit of a challenge.