• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LEN WEIN'S SMASHCON at FRANK & SONS in CALIFORNIA - SAT, OCT. 4, 2014

14 posts in this topic

Hi All:

Found this by chance on Facebook and thought I'd share. Seems like a Len Wein is creating his own convention this Fall much like Stan Lee did in L.A. for STAN LEE'S COMICAZE. It's a one day event but the list is pretty impressive so far (http://www.smaproductions.com/smashcon-frank-sons-collectibles-1042014-one-day-expo/). Guests include:

- LEN WEIN

- HERB TRIMPE

- DANIEL WAY

- CLAYTON CRAIN

- CHRIS BACHALLO

- SCOTT LOBDELL

- WHILCE PORTACIO

- DANNY MIKI

- MARAT MYCHAELS

- JOE BENITEZ

- ALEX KOTKIN

- KEN KRISTENSEN

- BRIAN HABERLIN

- GLEN BRUNSWICK

- ACE CONTINUADO

Thanks for the 411

Sounds interesting and hopefully things work out. Usually gets crazy at Frank's when it's only Stan Lee. having multiple guest in that small signing area can't wait to see how that goes. Good thing is they got time to plan and organize things

Here is a picture from the Frank & Sons website. This will give everyone an idea of what it looks like inside. Not your typical convention. A warehouse building with dealers set up to sell collectibles already. If I remember correctly, they have about 8-12 comic book dealers, and tons of toy dealers.

frankandsons_zps9e9fe843.jpg

Yup and does dealers usually get stuff signed by the bulk as I've noticed during other signing events at Frank and sons but maybe things will be different since it's not Stan Lee this time

I noticed while looking through the Smashcon website that they are selling badges for the event for $20. Does anybody know how this is gonna work seeing as how Frank And Sons is free to get in? Are people gonna be required to buy a badge in order to enter the signing area or how is it going to work? When Frank and Sons posted about this event on their facebook i asked them directly but never got a reply from them unfortunately...

Unless you really want an autograph/commission from a creator, $20 is not worth it. This is free to get into every Wednesday and Saturday otherwise. The dealers are there all the time.

According to this site, there are only 12 attendees.

http://www.wherevent.com/detail/Project-Gusto-Len-Wein-Presents-Smash-Con

If Frank and Sons has to pay these creators to attend or if the creators have to pay for space; I think they will be disappointed in the amount of attendees.

I noticed while looking through the Smashcon website that they are selling badges for the event for $20. Does anybody know how this is gonna work seeing as how Frank And Sons is free to get in? Are people gonna be required to buy a badge in order to enter the signing area or how is it going to work? When Frank and Sons posted about this event on their facebook i asked them directly but never got a reply from them unfortunately...

Hopefully we can clear up all the confusion regarding Len Wein's Smashcon.

Frank and Sons is free to get in as they always have been. October 4th will be no different. If you want to go to Frank and Sons October 4th to shop from your favorite vendor you can do so as usual free of charge.

Smashcon is going to be held in the signing area of Frank and Sons which is surprising large when you don't have 1000's of people lined up for a Stan Lee autograph. To enter into the con/signing area you will need to purchase a ticket to get in.

Frank and Sons already has a ton of vendors so Smashcon will feature only cosplayers and industry talent.

-No vendors will be in the signing area.

-All creators are guests of ours and did not have to pay for their booth space and we paid any appearance fees needed to get them there.

-Creators/Artists will be taking commissions and doing them at this con for attendees. (only artist restriction is Clayton Crain & Chris Bachalo have very limited slots & will be working on commissions first for those who purchase VIP packages)

-Anastasia's Collectibles will be there for all your CGC SS needs

We hope this post clears up any confusion and if you have any other questions please post them here.

Frank and Sons is free to get in as they always have been. October 4th will be no different. If you want to go to Frank and Sons October 4th to shop from your favorite vendor you can do so as usual free of charge.

Smashcon is going to be held in the signing area of Frank and Sons which is surprising large when you don't have 1000's of people lined up for a Stan Lee autograph. To enter into the con/signing area you will need to purchase a ticket to get in.

Frank and Sons already has a ton of vendors so Smashcon will feature only cosplayers and industry talent.

-All creators are guests of ours and did not have to pay for their booth space and we paid any appearance fees needed to get them there.

-Creators/Artists will be taking commissions and doing them at this con for attendees. (only artist restriction is Clayton Crain & Chris Bachalo have very limited slots & will be working on commissions first for those who purchase VIP packages)

We hope this post clears up any confusion and if you have any other questions please post them here.

Thank you for clearing everything up! I just have a few more questions and im hoping you can clear those up also, are they going to be selling badges at the event or will they have to be purchased before hand through the smashcon website? Also do you have any idea how much Len Wein and Herb Trimpe will be charging for signatures? Thanks in advance!

Tickets/badges are on sale now on the smashcon website and onsite at frank & sons every Wednesday and Saturday at a discounted sale price. If any tickets are left on the day of the con, they will be available for $25 each.

Len Wein will be his usual $20 per autograph

Herb Trimpe signs for free.

Thank you for clearing everything up! I just have a few more questions and im hoping you can clear those up also, are they going to be selling badges at the event or will they have to be purchased before hand through the smashcon website? Also do you have any idea how much Len Wein and Herb Trimpe will be charging for signatures? Thanks in advance!