• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Multiple copies in a Single Registry

8 posts in this topic

Greetings,

I noticed the BGS Registry (Beckett graded cards) has a new feature in their Registry. It's called "STACKING". Stacking is the ability to enter multiple copies of the same card into a single Registry

I have a bunch of multiple 9.8s that I'll like to insert into a single Registry.

Will the CGC Registry have this feature in the future? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Thanks

• Administrator

hm. I don't know. It depends on how the collectors feel about it. The decision would be driven by whether the community felt that a collection with duplicate copies was more impressive (and thus worth more points) than a collection that was exactly the same but without the duplicates.

Guys?

Wasn't it assumed that the original poster wanted to enter multiple copies to get the added points? Otherwise why even do it, as opposed to starting a second set.

Personally I think "stacking for points" is a horrible idea as it defeats the purpose of accumulating the best set.