• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who wants it??

31 posts in this topic

Ok, EC experts, in what comic did the story about the blind guy at the parade appear? The one where he get beaten for not saluting the flag?

SHOCK SUSPENSE #2, I believe.

This doesn't look strange at all? The bidding sequence? After $4000, Jim Halperin, a Heritage AND CGC executive pushed up Geppi's bids TWENTY TWO TIMES???

If I were Geppi, after the 10th bump, I would have said "F U and F your Dead- EC books and erased the bookmark on the auction lot. That is, unless this is the first of many steps to follow to HYPE the lifeless EC High grade market at present (Showmanship at its finest).

They've got the same immovable Gaines File copy ECs in the Heritage auctions month after month, and two guys with the same access to those are butting heads 22 times over one in an All Star Auction? That makes a whole lotta' sense. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I first noticed the timing of their bids in that auction, and then checked the timing of a couple of my bids and noticed that when you do a proxy, if someone else bids again, it re-enters your proxy bid as a new bid at the same time.

For example, these bids were both placed at the same second:

Mamanook (Sat Feb 22 12:10:05 2003) - $5500.00

Jhalpe (Sat Feb 22 12:10:05 2003) - $5599.00

so Geppi entered a bid and it was immediately outbid by Halperin at the same time, that explains a lot of the bids. But just like us sometimes, they want to slowly bid and not place a gigantic one all at once - since AllStar doesn't have a set end time, but waits until there are no more bids, it really doesn't matter.

I've noticed on non-Heritage auctions that Geppi will many times place more than

2-3 bids on an item.

Hey DD! Where did you read this?

I read it in the Hardback book TALES OF TERROR: THE EC COMPANION(it's constantly on eBay), but the link provided by Forcomics looks more thorough.