• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MONDOCON - SEPT. 20 & 21, 2014 - AUSTIN, TX

5 posts in this topic

Seems like MONDO (the peeps behind those cool, collectible & scarce poster retailer) is hosting its first convention on Sept 20 & 21, 2014 in Austin Texas. Would be a cool opp to get some facilitator here just for Jock along. Guests will include:

- Jock

- Mike Mignola

- Bernie Wrightson

- Basil Gogos

- Geof Darrow

- Francesco Francavilla

- More guests at: http://mondo-con.com/

Found all this out through: http://collider.com/mondocon-bride-of-frankenstein-mike-mignola/

This will be interesting. Not sure if I'll be making the trip but as an owner of at least a dozen Mondo posters, I am very intrigued to see how this goes.

This show is appearing to be more like ImageExpo and less like a traditional convention. I think that can be a good thing!

Considerations:

Tickets will sell out.

Tickets will be limited to 2 per person and both names must be provided (and match ID of the individuals picking up the tickets.)

No refunds on ticket sales.

VIP ticket holders from Fantastic Fest will get into this show free.

Same weekend as Rose City ComicCon.

The owner, Justin, is a boardie so if anyone is considering facilitating, it would probably be best to reach out to him first.

If they add Olly Moss and Mike Mitchell to the guest list, I'll have to consider making the trip to Austin (from FL) and would be available to witness. ;)

Would love to get Olly Moss to sign my copy of BATMAN: BLACK & WHITE. His Batman/Penguin Cover is amazing.

I agree.

Also, I am pretty sure that Jock will be at SDCC again this year. Plenty of facilitators attending that one!