• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comic connect auction thoughts

345 posts in this topic

well, the wonder 1 is past where i wanted to go, so bye bye pretty book.

Sometimes you gotta go where you don't wanna go. :blush:

hm

Over the last few years, I've been underbidder on so many great books, I've come to the conclusion that sometimes you have to bid beyond your comfort level. It stings at first, but a year later you have a great book, and your initial concerns about that extra bid increment or two seem silly.

BTW, if any one is bidding on the Mystic #2 tomorrow...prepare for battle.

In the Game of Pwns I got squashed by The Mountain. :cry:

Someone went thermonuclear! :o

Sold for $30K plus change

Actually lower than I thought it would go for.

What did the Marvel Mystery #1 and #2 go for? I can't figure out how to see the sold listings for this auction....

95K and 26.5K.

What were the grades? Just curious.

What did the Marvel Mystery #1 and #2 go for? I can't figure out how to see the sold listings for this auction....

95K and 26.5K.

What were the grades? Just curious.

9.4 PLOD and 8.0 blue.

Is there a way to see the results on books you didn't bid on or track?

Go to the auction announcement emails that c-connect sends you (the ones with the links to every lot) and click on the link of whatever lot you want to see.

Is there a way to see the results on books you didn't bid on or track?

Yes, but it's a bit of work... If you're on CC's email list, open the applicable Event Auction email for the book(s) you want to see the price for and then click on the applicable link...

Easier way in the future is to just add books you're interested in to your Watch List...

Thanks everyone. I'l dig up those emails. It's kind of ridiculous that I can't just search completed listings. All I want to know is what sold for ~ $100k. Sort by price on completed listings and I'd be out in like two seconds.

Well if no one promises to laugh at me, I'll share the book I won! :)

It's the first book I've won on a auction other than eBay. I've been collecting for just about a year now so it's exciting for me to dip my toe in the shallow end of the auction pool.

Here's my new beauty => http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=549168

How did a Wonder Woman 1 cgc 7.5 just sell for 42k?

And would they prefer my 8.0 for 82k?

That Denver copy screams vf/nm appeal

Well if no one promises to laugh at me, I'll share the book I won! :)

It's the first book I've won on a auction other than eBay. I've been collecting for just about a year now so it's exciting for me to dip my toe in the shallow end of the auction pool.

Here's my new beauty => http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=549168

Congrats!, people are more cordial to each other in this part of the forum