• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the most awesome post you've ever made in Comics General?

200 posts in this topic

What does amaze me is the amount of kav-bashers on here ...

What amazes me is how many people don't see that he brings it on himself

If I can be a focus for people venting their hostility on the internet perhaps it saves real people somewhere from the angry people lashing out at them. I mean, if you blow your top because some guy on the internet tells a story about how he exposed a liar well it must be like walking on eggshells around them in real life...

Dude, you said you roundhouse kicked a guy in a grocery store because he cut in front of you. I'm thinking the guy with the anger problems is not Hado.

If I can be a focus for people venting their hostility on the internet perhaps it saves real people somewhere from the angry people lashing out at them. I mean, if you blow your top because some guy on the internet tells a story about how he exposed a liar well it must be like walking on eggshells around them in real life...

Dude, you said you roundhouse kicked a guy in a grocery store because he cut in front of you. I'm thinking the guy with the anger problems is not Hado.

Once again you are seeing the world the way you want to filter it-I did not roundhouse kick a guy because he 'cut in front of me' but because he swung on me. And I was not angry just methodical. Did my job then left with my groceries.

How does one practice for such an encounter?

Like the scene in Taxi Driver. "You talking to me?"

Sparring. Anyone can learn it.

Once again you are seeing the world the way you want to filter it-I did not roundhouse kick a guy because he 'cut in front of me' but because he swung on me. And I was not angry just methodical. Did my job then left with my groceries.

Ok, so let me get this straight: Guy swung on you, you dropped him with a roundhouse kick, cut in front of him in line, then paid for your groceries and left?

lol Yeah I know, been there, done that [sparring that is].

Majority of people rear back with their right arm and throw a huge swing which is so damn easy to block...unfortunately most schools teach forms which are completely useless in a fight. Try doing elaborate dance moves while some dude is hurling punches at your face....I blame that dumb Karate Kid movie...

Ok, so let me get this straight: Guy swung on you, you dropped him with a roundhouse kick, cut in front of him in line, then paid for your groceries and left?

There you go again filtering my story to make it fit with what you want to believe. No, that was not the sequence of events.

Majority of people rear back with their right arm and throw a huge swing which is so damn easy to block...unfortunately most schools teach forms which are completely useless in a fight. Try doing elaborate dance moves while some dude is hurling punches at your face....I blame that dumb Karate Kid movie...

You should have crane kicked that guy at the grocery store. That would have been epic.

I would have first faked him with a 2 for 1 coupon, sweep his feet, and then go for the ankle lock while I checked out my groceries.

Kav (according to this story) is a total badass and not what I imagined.

I got bullied a lot when I was younger and had a lot of motivation to learn to fight. Here's a clip of my instructor kicking a sign and us sparring you can see how quick he is:

There you go again filtering my story to make it fit with what you want to believe. No, that was not the sequence of events.

Well, if it was really what I wanted to believe, I'd be running it through the AWESOME filter, and it would have been a sword fight where the lights flickered off and on like in Highlander.