• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man #101 cgc 9.8

35 posts in this topic

Why not Pimpy? If you've followed my "CGC Bubble" threads, you'll see that I think the only books that will come out unscathed are the true high-grade Golden, Silver and Bronze key issues.

Just like they laughed when someone paid $1800 for a Hulk 181 CGC 9.6, these gem copies (assuming their aesthetic appeal matches the grade remotely) are where the real money is heading and may continue to rise.

Buying that comic for $4500 might be a great investment right now, and could yield $6K in a year or less, as more collectors pare down their CGC 9.6-9.8 ASM want lists.

Yep, I took my the Pimper's advice and used that price. Don't even know if it's realistic but my investment is very low in the book. Probably be better for tax purposes that I sell it in 2003 anyways! frown.gif

Yeah, if you can find that guy back from the early 1990s that sold me that book intitially. Also, why would he speculate that much on the 101? He had lots of 100 but not the 101. tongue.gif

Oh, I'm sure other people speculated on that book. No, I was busy buying the cheaper stuff like Marvel Spotlight 5, Defenders 1, and Iron Man 55 from him. Boy, I wish I still had the Iron Man. Would have gotten at least a 9.6. Sold it when it was dead in 1998. Too bad the seller didn't really need the money because he didn't really do too many shows. I wonder what happened to his books. He is probably in his late 60s and early 70s. With respect to the Spidey 100 CGC 9.6 that I sold earlier this year, I bought it locally from someone who bought it in Seattle! Yes, there were gems in the early 1990s. No longer! frown.gif

Greggy - beautiful book! But a 9.8?? Off-White to White pages, off-center cover, and staples clearly on the front cover?? I bet you were excited to get a 9.8 grade, as there is no way I'd grade it that - I'd give it a 9.6 due to the off-center cover and staples.