• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spawn 80 - low 200s?

12 posts in this topic

There seems to be an uptick in interest in Spawn, particularly some of the harder to find issues, buy sell or hold? I have amassed a nice group of these now. Any word on movies/TV coming out? Some of the sales results seem to be all over the place though.

You could look at it a different way as well.

People who initially started collecting this series in the 90s likely would have abandoned it around #100... I know i did. But those people likely now have expendable income and want to finish off the run or re engaged with comics (childhood) , add the continuous talk about a new movie, low print numbers post 100 makes them hard to find, I know I'm having a hard time finding 120-150 in NM shape.

People who initially started collecting this series in the 90s likely would have abandoned it around #100... I know i did. But those people likely now have expendable income and want to finish off the run or re engaged with comics (childhood) , add the continuous talk about a new movie, low print numbers post 100 makes them hard to find, I know I'm having a hard time finding 120-150 in NM shape.

Logical assessment.

I might sit on them a little longer, but when I see some of them getting $8-$15 a pop it is very tempting as it isn't like i have 100-200 or 150-200 i can sell as a nice clean run, i have some gaps.

I'm in the same boat. For me it's difficult finding affordable copies. VF copies still fetch high prices in my neck of the woods for any issue over 100.

I made the chart below a few years ago. It pretty much tells the story.

Spawn is a tough run to complete in 9.8 or above. Take it from me.

spawnsaleschart.jpg

Sales were probably propped up and artificially inflated by the ridiculous stretch of dealer incentive variants starting from 219-235.