• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAN LEE'S Comikaze, Oct. 31- Nov 2, Los Angeles, CA.

48 posts in this topic

First time seeing Mile High booth, overgrade, overprice, crappy discount BUT they have the most impressive booth setup compare to all others. Don't see any new Comic vendors, mostly local, spent roughly $500 on various books. If you are just go mainly for comic book and other stuff is secondary then 1 day is enough, you don't need to come back 2nd day.

First time seeing Mile High booth, overgrade, overprice, crappy discount BUT they have the most impressive booth setup compare to all others. Don't see any new Comic vendors, mostly local, spent roughly $500 on various books. If you are just go mainly for comic book and other stuff is secondary then 1 day is enough, you don't need to come back 2nd day.

It was weird, Mile High was doing 40% off all books over $100. I saw an Avengers 55 Fine Shape for $112. That would be $67 so I'm surprised somebody didn't jump all over it. If I didn't already have a copy I know I would've.

There were some great deals to be had today. Tomorrow I'm just going for overall enjoyment now that I'm out of the hunting mode.

Has anyone gone today? How was it?

It was not bad and this is from someone who hated it last year.

I was surprised to see them there after the rant he had about SDCC. The table near Chuck he had a copy of ASM 500 for 50 bucks. I walked away laughing.

What are the crowds like?

plenty of space to walk around.

I've gone every year since it started and this year was by far the worst, in my opinion. It's obvious they're aiming to be more like SDCC by catering to the movie & TV crowds.

Most of the comic book talent was hardly there, if at all. These days I can judge how much fun I've had at a con by the number of sketches I get and I came up empty handed at this one.

...although Joe Jusko was there. He was a little pricey, though. I could have afforded the sketch but you'd have to slab something like that and it just would have been ridiculous.

I actually enjoyed it better than last year. Even though they need to get more talent there.

I heard that Jim Lee didn't even know he was suppose to be there or something. I made him sign a banana

got a couple of sketches from JRJR so I can't complain.