• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ROM the Spaceknight
2 2

249 posts in this topic

When I started regularly buying new comics off the stands, Rom 20 was one of the first I bought. Went back and eventually found 1-19 and then kept buying it until the end of the series. I think it lost a little something after the Dire Wraith threat was ended but it's a fun title.

Definitely worth picking up cheap for reading

I've wanted one of the toys for ages...I seem to remember a six inch figure in the eighties,but can only find the great big silver one when I check.

The cover to annual 2 is almost obscene, I'll try and find it.

PS Rom rules!

Also,looking at an old OSPG companion from 1985....Rom 1 was going for 14$$

Same price as ASM 129 :o

hm

That may have been another price guide, sounds like CVM.

Marvel doesn't have the rights to Rom anymore. I believe IDW does and there has been rumors about him appearing in their Transformers universe.

I've heard this as well and my first thought was "what the :censored: does ROM have to do with Transformers??" ???

Marvel doesn't have the rights to Rom anymore. I believe IDW does and there has been rumors about him appearing in their Transformers universe.

Hasbro still owns the rights to ROM Spaceknight although IDW has been trying to bring him back. Here is a quote from IDW Editor Chris Ryall (posted to John Bryne's message board in March 2013) ...

"I have never been able to unlock the rights to Rom Spaceknight, despite years of trying, and Michael Golden’s Micronauts and Brian Bolland’s Camelot 3000 pages have been scattered to the four corners, so no Artist’s Edition of those yet. But I don’t give up easily."

This being said, we know that Disney owns Marvel. And Hasbro makes several toys for Marvel and Star Wars. Rumors abound about a possible acquisition of Hasbro by Disney which would *hopefully* bring the rights to our beloved Spaceknight back under one roof.

Personally, i would *spoon* my pants if at the end of Avengers 2 or 3, ROM steps out onto earth from a meteor impact. I just would.

Personally, i would *spoon* my pants if at the end of Avengers 2 or 3, ROM steps out onto earth from a meteor impact. I just would.

That would be pretty cool

That would be pretty cool

And stinky. :sick:

These must be tough to come by. I never see these out in the wild. Nice piece Chip.

Thanks Chris. I don't have that anymore, sadly. That was a short era of me selling my collection to appease the girl I was with...a truly bonehead move if I ever made one. :( I really regret it since I had a lot of rare pieces like the boxed Mattel Krusher, boxed Hulk Rage Cage and other things it would cost a small fortune to replace now.

c3.jpg

c5.jpg

c2.jpg

c1.jpg

Peace,

Chip

Edited by Chip Cataldo

I've wanted one of the toys for ages...I seem to remember a six inch figure in the eighties,but can only find the great big silver one when I check.

The cover to annual 2 is almost obscene, I'll try and find it.

PS Rom rules!

Also,looking at an old OSPG companion from 1985....Rom 1 was going for 14$$

Same price as ASM 129 :o

hm

That may have been another price guide, sounds like CVM.

I went and double checked...

It is Overstreet's Update Number 4

And even more surprising,I looked inside again to see...

123-140:129-1st app. The Punisher .35 .75 2.00$. :o

And Rom #1 is 4.00$

Memory was off a little....ASM121 &122 are 15.00$ though,and Rocket Racoon is listed as HOT,#1 going for a scorching 1.50$ with 102% increase!!Considering it was still a new book then...

Sorry to get :signofftopic: was having fun there.

Edited by porcupine48

Wouldn't phase me to see a cameo of ROM at the end of some Marvel flick and 9.8s start cracking $3k :D

I'd love to see Rom #1 get some love, but if it ever even sniffs $3,000 in 9.8 that would be a sign that it was time for me to stop collecting comics. lol