• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quasar 32/#1 Variants/Errors

44 posts in this topic

Quasar 32 is the first app of Korath and its a minor key book in my mind. Nothing spectacular, but well above a common issue. This run of Quasar 32-34 is an operation Galactic Storm Crossover.

:gossip: FYI: Inhumans #11 (1975) is first app of Korath.

No it's not. Please do your research before posting.

Korath the Pursuer

Korath the Pursuer

Korath the Pursuer

Quasar #32 - 1st App.

Captain America #399 - 2nd App.

Avengers #346 - 3rd App.

Thor #446 - 4th App.

Yes, it is. Please learn to read before posting.

"Korath's" first appearance IS Inhumans 11. He created the program of the "Pursuer" weapons in Inhumans 11, before using it on himself, and then calling himself "THE Pursuer" in Quasar. If you actually read the books, not just Wiki-links, you would know the history of the character.

Your welcome for the info.

Cheers!

Quasar 32 is the first app of Korath and its a minor key book in my mind. Nothing spectacular, but well above a common issue. This run of Quasar 32-34 is an operation Galactic Storm Crossover.

:gossip: FYI: Inhumans #11 (1975) is first app of Korath.

No it's not. Please do your research before posting.

Korath the Pursuer

Korath the Pursuer

Korath the Pursuer

Quasar #32 - 1st App.

Captain America #399 - 2nd App.

Avengers #346 - 3rd App.

Thor #446 - 4th App.

Yes, it is. Please learn to read before posting.

"Korath's" first appearance IS Inhumans 11. He created the program of the "Pursuer" weapons in Inhumans 11, before using it on himself, and then calling himself "THE Pursuer" in Quasar. If you actually read the books, not just Wiki-links, you would know the history of the character.

Your welcome for the info.

Cheers!

:roflmao:

Korath does not appear in Inhumans #11. The Pursuer (Inhumans #11) and Korath (Quasar #32) are 2 different things.

Korath - Kree scientist who helped create the original Pursuer (Quasar #32)

The Pursuer - Terran cockroach accidentally empowered by the Kree to hunt down the Inhumans (Inhumans #11)

Korath The Pursuer - Kree scientist who used own Pursuer technology on himself (Quasar #32)

Let me break it down even more.

The Pursuer (Inhumans #11) + Korath (Quasar #32) = Korath the Pursuer (Quasar #32)

First up, in 1977′s Inhumans #11 by Doug Moench, Keith Pollard and Jim Mooney, we are introduced to the concept of the Pursuer, as the Kree plot against the Inhumans…

guardiansvillains2a-620x310.jpg

guardiansvillains2b-620x937.jpg

guardiansvillains2c-620x896.jpg

Fifteen years later, Mark Gruenwald debuted Korath, the until-now unknown CREATOR of the Pursuer program in 1992′s Quasar #32 (by Gruenwald, Greg Capullo and Harry Candelario)…

guardiansvillains2d.jpg

guardiansvillains2e-620x465.jpg

I stand corrected. I read the Kree character in panel 2 of inhumans 11 to be Korath, explaining the program to the others. Upon review of your posts, I see I read it differently, and I was mistaken, and that character is just a random kree councilman.

Thanks for your clarification

Cheers!

I can see it now, though...

A generation later, and people will be trying to track down the "ultra rare" Direct versions of books like Alpha Flight #81 and Doctor Strange #28...concluding, erroneously, that they had to have existed at some point...without realizing that they never did.

At some point, I should put together a list of books that were only printed in UPC format.

Speaking of which...did any of you ever buy comics from a newsstand source that actually scanned the code? I never saw anyone scan the code, ever. Even today, I never see anyone scan the code, though it would certainly make sense to do so.

Late 80s early 90s Shaws Supermarket always scanned my spinner rack treasures like canned vegetables. I believe Osco Drug did as well.

Speaking of which...did any of you ever buy comics from a newsstand source that actually scanned the code? I never saw anyone scan the code, ever.

An interesting point. At the drugstore I worked at, in 1975-76 the books started having UPC codes on the covers, yet we didn't even have a scanner at the time. Hell, the cash register wasn't even digital. :)

A generation later, and people will be trying to track down the "ultra rare" Direct versions of books like Alpha Flight #81 and Doctor Strange #28...concluding, erroneously, that they had to have existed at some point...without realizing that they never did.

At some point, I should put together a list of books that were only printed in UPC format.

Speaking of which...did any of you ever buy comics from a newsstand source that actually scanned the code? I never saw anyone scan the code, ever. Even today, I never see anyone scan the code, though it would certainly make sense to do so.

Barnes & Nobles and Borders scanned the comics I use to buy a few years back. Made me cringe every time they handled the comics to run them through the scanner.

I can't really remember back that far, but I assume they did. I remember when the LCS started scanning issues with the scan pen. Never work well, and they had to press it against the comic and drag it along the bar code. How many mint issues did they ruin with that?

On 7/4/2014 at 2:39 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

You ever start this? While going through some books to list, it seemed to me that a bunch of Marc Spector: Moon Knight issues might fall into this category. When that came out, I was rarely buying from newsstands, yet a bunch of my issues have barcodes.

And following on from that - anyone have a Quasar #32 9.8 they want to sell.

Has an ad running in WTB for months.

Nothing.Zip.Nada.

Raw or graded - as long as its a 9.8!

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

You ever start this? While going through some books to list, it seemed to me that a bunch of Marc Spector: Moon Knight issues might fall into this category. When that came out, I was rarely buying from newsstands, yet a bunch of my issues have barcodes.

If he did, he didn't add it to the discussion here (so he had better not have >:(:insane:).

6 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Does it have to be the 32, or is Quasar Special 1 an option as well?

I'm after 'Korath The Pursuer' for my GOTG 1   1st app collection - this is proving by far the hardest to find tbh.

Thanks anyway!

1 minute ago, Beige said:

I'm after 'Korath The Pursuer' for my GOTG 1   1st app collection - this is proving by far the hardest to find tbh.

Thanks anyway!

I have a 32 that I was going to put on ebay; haven't checked the condition yet. Just checked the special and it's not a 9.8 anyway.

5 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I have a 32 that I was going to put on ebay; haven't checked the condition yet. Just checked the special and it's not a 9.8 anyway.

Send me a PM when you get around to it please.

Thanks for your help!

On 10/31/2018 at 10:48 PM, Beige said:

Thanks anyway!

This baffles my mind... I've been tripping on 32/1s forever, probably because I've been skimming dollar bins for years halfheartedly trying to finish Quasar.  Never knew the reason for the 1 before today, I thought it was a misprint.

Can't say I've ever seen the 33 printed as a 2, though.

I'm a fairly hardcore Quasar collector, and I've loved the character since I first bought a #1 off the newsstand at a Jewel back in the day. Hardcore enough that I'd present serious arguments for the Golden Age Marvel Books as prototypes for the character and incredibly relevant to modern Marvel Cosmic (1st Uranian Wrist Bands, e.g. Quantum Bands, 1st Uranian Eternals, e.g. Jack Kirby's Eternals, Quasar prototype that has evolved at least 4 times and persisted over almost 70 years now; all there in print regardless of later continuity retcons... but I digress).  On that note, I seem to recall that "Cosmos In Collision" is being collected (finally). It's a great cosmic story, and if you check out the Quasar run, especially everything through Lightle's last drawn book, that it's a great read and a great, humanized character handling absolutely epic cosmic situations under Gruenwald's direction.

As for the convo here, I file the Quasar Newstand issues as "#32a" and "33a". #32 is a great CGC 9.8 candidate too, but remember to keep an unslabbed copy with yours when you get one - the Capullo artwork is terrific and features some great energy projection and space flight stuff going on.

On 11/19/2018 at 4:38 PM, FineCollector said:

This baffles my mind... I've been tripping on 32/1s forever, probably because I've been skimming dollar bins for years halfheartedly trying to finish Quasar.  Never knew the reason for the 1 before today, I thought it was a misprint.

Can't say I've ever seen the 33 printed as a 2, though.

Found in a dollar bin today:

FDC099D3-A8BB-4DAB-9EA4-001BFCAD18E2.jpeg