• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fan Expo Canada August

345 posts in this topic

I went on facebook and there was a picture of Tiz working the Alex Ross booth talking to police lol

I'm sure they will have a great list of guest you don't expect this year.

Avatar hasn't made any announcements yet, they usually have good ones. Plus with Rue Mourge not announcing anything and with Goosebumps being turned into a movie, I'm pretty excited to see what happens in the next few weeks. :)

Is there going to be a Fan Expo Toronto show next month? ???

Has Fan Expo Toronto really not made an official thread for this, or started to promote the show here?

I can't find a list of exhibitors, even though they say there are over 1000 exhibits.

As someone who is setting up at this show, I'm pretty disappointed in their lack of promotion.

As an attendee, I'm very pleased with their lack of promotion. 100K+ in attendance is more than enough bodies for me to navigate around, through, under and over.

Agreed. Last year I got in at 9 and left at 1. That's about when ppl started shoving my kids (8 & 12) to get to the tables. This year we're planning better so I don't end up choking a .

Can't wait to go!!!!!!

Bought my ticket today and plan on attending Friday morning. Hoping to buy one (maybe two) of the X-Men books on my hit list in my sig line. If you think you may have one just let me know.

Also looking forward to all the vintage CGC books with some money to spend!

Bought a ticket. It irks me that this show doesn't ever tell which comic dealers are coming. I'm figuring there are enough solid dealers that make it worth coming to.

There's usually a pretty good selection of books there but it depends on what you're after. Want to give me a hint and I'll see if I can bring what you're interested in?

DDs, GRs, and Batman's. The original series of course.

It would be nice to meet up with other board members.

Bought a ticket. It irks me that this show doesn't ever tell which comic dealers are coming. I'm figuring there are enough solid dealers that make it worth coming to.

There's usually a pretty good selection of books there but it depends on what you're after. Want to give me a hint and I'll see if I can bring what you're interested in?

I'll see what I can put together. (thumbs u

Make sure you say hi! I'll have a double-booth under the name Forest City Coins.

Construction. Summer. Traffic.

These three words go hand in hand for Toronto, and I know this summer is particularly bad, but I had no idea that a drive from my house to a location near the convention centre would be nearly two hours! Normally, this drive is 40 minutes :frustrated:

I'll see what I can put together. (thumbs u

Make sure you say hi! I'll have a double-booth under the name Forest City Coins.

I will look for your booth. I hope I can breathe that day. I am coming on the Sat.

They've been sending me flyers to my shop and every other shop in the region with a valid Diamond account. Hundreds of thousands of people on their email lists have been getting pretty much daily email updates on the guests, although most of the updates are celebrity related, if you are on the list you are reminded daily.

Now I guess they haven't done any promoting here, yet people are still talking about it. Not sure why they haven't, but maybe that's the new company's strategy, maybe chatboards aren't something they focus on?

However, expect pretty much every dealer that was there last year, maybe a few more.

Have they listed what panels there are or what other events are happening?

Trying te decide if it worth it to me to come on my only day off Saturday

Have they listed what panels there are or what other events are happening?

Trying te decide if it worth it to me to come on my only day off Saturday

Those details are always released a couple of weeks before the show, chances are they are working on the final schedule now.

im on the mailing list but have only received 4 or 5 emails in the past few months. I agree with what was previously said though, its so big now, they don't really need to promote it like a one day show

im on the mailing list but have only received 4 or 5 emails in the past few months. I agree with what was previously said though, its so big now, they don't really need to promote it like a one day show

Same here...mostly celeb's

Waiting impatiently for more artists

I don't think you're on the mailing list.

Seven e-mails in july, Ten in June.

Screenshot2014-07-28at75556PM_zpsab40b70d.png