• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics #1 Club
14 14

1,547 posts in this topic

The 3.5 copy on CL is listed as "Sale pending" at $44,500.

If that ends up being official, it looks to be quite the bargain, considering a 2.5 just sold for $39,101.

I bid 44k. Got a 47k counter. Was going to up offer to 45k but I guess seller wasn't patient enough and took the 44500 offer. Cest la vie

If that ends up being official, it looks to be quite the bargain, considering a 2.5 just sold for $39,101.

I bid 44k. Got a 47k counter. Was going to up offer to 45k but I guess seller wasn't patient enough and took the 44500 offer. Cest la vie

that would make me :cry:

Who'd a thunk it? That used to be considered a widely available book, particularly in these grades. I'm sure you guys know what you're doing, but those prices seem awfully toppy to me.

Something to consider regarding Cap #1 is that it has ascended to claim the spot as the most valuable "Marvel" comic book in existence. While the top-graded AF #15 might outsell the top graded Cap #1, the latter is the clear winner in lower grades.

Many of us, myself included, have a love for both Marvel and DC. But there are a lot of people out there who almost exclusively love Marvel. To them, Action #1/Tec #27 doesn't hold a ton of luster because they're genuinely not into DC books or characters.

So for those "Marvel Zombies" out there -- Cap #1 is the absolute pinnacle of comic collecting. Being the most valuable book, of the undisputed No. 1 company, leaves a lot of room for growth. Recently, we've seen the rise in prices reflect this accordingly.

But given the factors stated above and considering the distance Cap #1 still has from the top DC books, I wouldn't be surprised to see this book ascend even further.

Something to consider regarding Cap #1 is that it has ascended to claim the spot as the most valuable "Marvel" comic book in existence. While the top-graded AF #15 might outsell the top graded Cap #1, the latter is the clear winner in lower grades.

Many of us, myself included, have a love for both Marvel and DC. But there are a lot of people out there who almost exclusively love Marvel. To them, Action #1/Tec #27 doesn't hold a ton of luster because they're genuinely not into DC books or characters.

So for those "Marvel Zombies" out there -- Cap #1 is the absolute pinnacle of comic collecting. Being the most valuable book, of the undisputed No. 1 company, leaves a lot of room for growth. Recently, we've seen the rise in prices reflect this accordingly.

But given the factors stated above and considering the distance Cap #1 still has from the top DC books, I wouldn't be surprised to see this book ascend even further.

For the last few years I have maintained Cap 1 is the best GA comic book to invest in, there is still a lot of play in this book, look for another major price bump when the Cap 3 movie comes out.

I recognize that one frank and I'm glad you have it...

Great talking with you over the weekend.

George :hi:

It was great talking to you too George. Phil Levine would be proud to know you still have his books ;)