• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics #1 Club
14 14

1,547 posts in this topic

Great selection of Caps here everyone. Who got the 9.8? :o

John Verzyl. I saw the book back in the mid 90's when Al Capp owned it. It is stunning!

The Lil Abner Al Capp? Somehow I missed the fact that he collected comics. hm

Great selection of Caps here everyone. Who got the 9.8? :o

John Verzyl. I saw the book back in the mid 90's when Al Capp owned it. It is stunning!

The Lil Abner Al Capp? Somehow I missed the fact that he collected comics. hm

Not the Lil Abner Al Capp artist, another Al.

yeah; there may be only 5 of a donkey book, but if only 3 people in the hobby would want to own one, it's plentiful. here, maybe there are 300 of them, but since a thousand people would love to own one, it stays pricey.

Something to consider regarding Cap #1 is that it has ascended to claim the spot as the most valuable "Marvel" comic book in existence. While the top-graded AF #15 might outsell the top graded Cap #1, the latter is the clear winner in lower grades.

Many of us, myself included, have a love for both Marvel and DC. But there are a lot of people out there who almost exclusively love Marvel. To them, Action #1/Tec #27 doesn't hold a ton of luster because they're genuinely not into DC books or characters.

So for those "Marvel Zombies" out there -- Cap #1 is the absolute pinnacle of comic collecting. Being the most valuable book, of the undisputed No. 1 company, leaves a lot of room for growth. Recently, we've seen the rise in prices reflect this accordingly.

But given the factors stated above and considering the distance Cap #1 still has from the top DC books, I wouldn't be surprised to see this book ascend even further.

:shy:

Is there really a Cap 1 9.8 or is that just an urban legend? It doesn't seem possible. I see it on the census, but come on....

Were they lenient with the grade?

If I'm not mistaken its the old 9.6 Allentown......

Members of the Captain America Comics #1 Club as of 7/14/14:

3 CGC Universal copies, 2 CGC Restored copies and 4 raw copes.

CGC Universal:

7.0 (OW/W); Moetown (8)

5.0 (OW); Ihcomics (1)

3.5 (LT/OW); Ameri (5)

CGC Restored:

7.0 (CRM/OW)--Extensive (P); AnkurJ (1)

0.5 (SB); Wayne-Tec (1)

Raw Copies:

buttock (1)

gadzukes (3)

geofan (7)

Junkdrawer (9)

What are the numbers in parenthesis after the owners names?

The page number where they posted their book (assuming you haven't changed the default setting from 10 posts per page).